Sonarworks headphone & speaker calibration software.

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

x7i7l
Established Member

Re: Sonarworks headphone & speaker calibration software.

Post by x7i7l »

"As for Linux support, we are not looking to add Linux for Reference 4 nor do we intend to stop releasing the Linux plug-in"
There's a double negative here, so i think it means:
Linux for Reference 4 = No
Linux Plugin = Yes

but i could be wrong.
Funnily, there is no reference to this any more. I wonder what they are planning?

I am happy to do calibration in a virtualbox, but I really hope they continue the support for the vst. I already purchased it and integrated it into my workflow.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

x7i7l wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:01 pm
"As for Linux support, we are not looking to add Linux for Reference 4 nor do we intend to stop releasing the Linux plug-in"
There's a double negative here, so i think it means:
Linux for Reference 4 = No
Linux Plugin = Yes

but i could be wrong.
Funnily, there is no reference to this any more. I wonder what they are planning?

I am happy to do calibration in a virtualbox, but I really hope they continue the support for the vst. I already purchased it and integrated it into my workflow.
That's the reply I got from them in August. But now the plugin is gone forever.
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

i wrote to them yesterday asking for the latest link. no reply yet.
will update you when i know more.
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

For now this link posted by Sonarworks dev in the other thread on LinuxMusicians is still active:

http://d38ygt50eys6ee.cloudfront.net/Do ... p86mdV4ygM
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

That link was for version 4.1.9 though the last two versions accessible for Linux were 4.4.4 and 4.4.6 so I'm not quite sure the images loaded would still be correctly working. (they have a FB group for "betas" and the question of the Linux future was asked but still no news)
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

so, when I emailed support to point out that the linux vst is missing, they emailed me a link to 4.4.7.40

https://support.sonarworks.com/attachme ... .40.tar.gz

I do hope they keep developing it.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

x7i7l wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm so, when I emailed support to point out that the linux vst is missing, they emailed me a link to 4.4.7.40

Thanks, I also asked and they will put the Linux version on the website again.... Further they wrote:

I doubt that we will cut the access entirely, historically we didn't do it for our Legacy products, so I have no reasons to believe that this is going to happen with the plugin. The blog news literally states that we no longer develop or do any work on the plugin. Apologies for any confusion. Does it mean that we're never coming back to Linux? It's hard to tell as Linux was never supported officially by us, yet, we did provide users with the ability to use the plugin. I think that we might revisit Linux support on the same level as before. This won't happen any time soon but I'm looking at this optimistically.
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

x7i7l wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm so, when I emailed support to point out that the linux vst is missing, they emailed me a link to 4.4.7.40

Thanks a lot! I fixed my problem installing this new version and reseting all my devices on my account, registrating again after.
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

great! glad it worked.
buscon
Established Member

Post by buscon »

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded and installed the linux beta plugin, thank you for making it available!

One question: I recently purchased the new version of Sonarworks Reference Sound ID. Do you think I can use that licence to activate the version 4 of the beta plugin for Linux?

Thanks!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

They have kinda stopped work on the Linux version because buddy who introduced us to this and started this thread was the one doing the Linux version but he has left SonarWorks..

They said they would love an experienced Linux dev to help continue this..
I was just using mine. Comes in very as I'm in a condo and bedroom not treated at all. I only use the headphones but they told me if I installed on a Windows box and get the profile for my speakers, then I can add the profile to my Linux version.

The Sonarworks Reference Sound ID they said the license will work but Sonarworks Reference Sound ID will not work on Linux..
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

funkmuscle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:06 pm They said they would love an experienced Linux dev to help continue this..
they did? where? :)
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Kott wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:00 am
funkmuscle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:06 pm They said they would love an experienced Linux dev to help continue this..
they did? where? :)
Corresponding between emails. I was kind of mad that they were updating for the other two platforms but not for us so I messaged tech support because I paid some good money for the thing and that's what they told me. They said we would love to continue the project but right now we do not have any experience developers.

I asked what they were going to do about it and they said we are hoping that down the road we can get an experienced developer. If you are interested just contact them. Simply ask why they've stopped developing for Linux and they will get into more details. That's basically all I asked and that was the answer I got.
buscon
Established Member

Post by buscon »

thanks for the extra information.
It is a real pity they stopped the development, I think it would be worth it for them. For sure there are less linux devs in this field.

Still my question is, how can you activate the plugin. I tried with the free trial option, but it does not work for me.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

buscon wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:36 pm thanks for the extra information.
It is a real pity they stopped the development, I think it would be worth it for them. For sure there are less linux devs in this field.

Still my question is, how can you activate the plugin. I tried with the free trial option, but it does not work for me.
Best to do as I did and that was contacting them. I think we have the devs.. We just need to focus on Linux more as I'll see devs make an app for Linux then it's migrated to the other platforms and it then feels like linux takes a back seat.

You'll go to a project site and see under supported platforms all of a sudden that Linux is last on the list.
Things like that alone if I was a manufacturer of plugins for the other platforms and was thinking of making it available for LInux and see that apps and plugins developed for linux now supporting the other platforms and Linux is last in the list of supported platforms, my first take is that this dev ain't getting the support from the community or not enough users on Linux.

I this the bast way to support Linux and to get devs of other platforms to continue making stuff for Linux is to show confidence and belief in our own thing and make it a privilege to be part.

Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread but it's in respond to what you said above. These devs making stuff for the 3 platforms for free will burnout. I've been using Linux since 1998 and I've seen my share of great apps being dev'd on Linux, then over to the other 2 and then project dies. Hmm, doing for free, users become demanding from the other 2 platforms and Linux, forgetting that some poor dude is doing this for free on his/her own time while balancing a life so eventually one burns out... project dies.

BUT DO CONTACT SONARWORKS. They're quite helpful.. While at it, beg for them to continue.. Maybe if they see more than just me, they may just hire someone to work on the Linux part.