Pianoteq goes organ

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Pianoteq goes organ

Post by jonetsu »

Pianoteq, the French makers of the famous piano modelings will release next week an organ modeling. The blurb says:

"ORGANTEQ Alpha is a small organ with a keyboard range of 4 octaves (from F1 to F5) and with 2 stops: a Flute 8' and a Flute 4' (octave). It is provided in standalone mode only and should be regarded as a foretaste of a more advanced commercial version in development, due to be released during 2018."
davephillips
Established Member

Re: Pianoteq goes organ

Post by davephillips »

jonetsu wrote:Pianoteq, the French makers of the famous piano modelings will release next week an organ modeling.
Holy Fong !

Not that I need another organ synth/sample/model. But anything from Pianoteq gets my attention Right Now.

Thanks for the heads-up !

Best,

dp
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

Cool.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

What could be in the future are modelings of any instruments. They seem to extend beyond the percussive string piano types. As far as a Linux user is concerned, this is great. Not only this will be added to the Linux audio creative palette, but it's beyond sampling and actually dynamic modeling. Looking forward to trombones and violins ! :D
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Nice!
jonetsu wrote:What could be in the future are modelings of any instruments. They seem to extend beyond the percussive string piano types. As far as a Linux user is concerned, this is great. Not only this will be added to the Linux audio creative palette, but it's beyond sampling and actually dynamic modeling. Looking forward to trombones and violins ! :D
Indeed! Physical modelling is cool. And it would be nice to have realtime modelling of springs and plates for reverberation as well. Maybe I'll try to code something, when (and if) I will become proficient enough.

As for modelling of pipe organs, Fons did Aeolus time ago. I think it is very good, worth checking it out if you never heard of it.