Overtone DSP?

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Overtone DSP?

Post by jonetsu »

Thanks Mike for your comments ! I have all Overtone DSP plugins up to the EQ 4000 and I not only have them but they are part of the regular workflow. I have grown fond of using them, amongst the other (limited on Linux) choices available. Rare are the plugins that I go to remembering how warm the sound they produce is, but all the Overtone DSP plugins falls in that category. I do like hardware emulations. My DAW is Mixbus32C for this reason, the 32C EQ circuit emulation. Even then, I will use on certain tracks the EQ 4000 instead. The guitar sound I use goes only through Overtone DSP plugins in Bitwig. Based on experience, there is no doubt whatsoever that I will instantly buy any new plugin that's made.

This said, perhaps it could be very well more beneficial to rely on the Windows/Apple front to generate business. Sorry to state the obvious. Personally I said "hoorah !" when Overtone DSP went back to supporting Linux. But the newber of audio users in the Linux world must be quite small.

Cheers and best wishes !
ssj71
Established Member

Post by ssj71 »

@Mike - I really do wish you luck with the business! Hopefully things will turn around soon.
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

So what happened to the EQ4000, it's not on the website? Also noticed the DYN4000 isn't available any more either. Did SSL try some legal action or something?
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

Regrettably some products are currently unavailable. This is not something I'm willing to talk about publicly at the present time. For information about product availability and support, please use the contact / support request form on the website.