Linux Tracktion Plugins: 16 plugin collection

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Linux Tracktion Plugins: 16 plugin collection

Post by glowrak guy »

https://www.tracktion.com/products/daw- ... collection

16 effects here, and a free trial at the link.
(This was posted in the plugins area, before this new marketplace
was added, (a nice new feature to enhance the website))
Cheers
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Linux Tracktion Plugins: 16 plugin collection

Post by jonetsu »

Many of their products are yielding 404 not found. Biotek seems interesting, but there no description nor any downloads. Do you know what is going on with the company ?
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

jonetsu wrote:Many of their products are yielding 404 not found. Biotek seems interesting, but there no description nor any downloads. Do you know what is going on with the company ?
I believe it works for me. I see two buttons, "Buy Now" and "Free Trial." Clicking on "Free Trial," I am invited to fill in a form, which I didn't because I am already registered with them and I don't to buy or try anything right now. Can you see and click those buttons?

If you can't, I suggest you check your browser for cookies and Javascript and contact their support. Tracktion is reasonably responsive.

For descriptions, I suggest YouTube. No matter how obscure the plugin, you can always find a video that showcases it, usually more and better than its own vendor.
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

Also, I just remembered Tracktion have their own video gallery (most or all of them on YouTube):

https://www.tracktion.com/training/videos

Scroll down, there is a Biotek section.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Yes, it was a browser issue.

I certainly like what I hear from the Biotek notes I have played. It has it's own 'voice' which has no counterpart in all u-he and DiscoDSP synths. The little birds turning around the earth are funny for what would be a serious device. Makes me think of the Joué controller project that ressembles a toy (1) which is a refreshing advantage. I was told that the upcoming Biotek release, around this week will have a resizable UI, which would be neat.

The complexity of many sounds generated by Biotek makes me think of the free version of a Reaktor 5 synth that I tried through Wine a year ago.

(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCdUoWXL5zc
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

After a day hammering at the Biotek synth and learning about it, I can confirm my first impressions. This is a welcomed synth addition. It has its own character and sounds. That the lead platform design was involved with PPG Wave and Waldorf certainly brings a certain depth to the project. This is the only synth that literaly comes with a full menagerie of sampled animals and nature sounds. It's a joy to tweak the sounds and to learn about this synth.

That these guys at Tracktion thought of making it available for Linux is absolutely very nice ! Linux is such a small market eg. I recently asked DiscoDSP, who already are making the Discovery Pro and Vertigo synths available on Linux, if there was a chance to see the Corona synth for Linux and he answer was a clear too-small-a-market. So cudos to Tracktion to make it happen.

All this said, mixing in the complex sounds made by some of the Biotek patches is a bit of a challenge becaue of the range they cover. Maybe some help on the dynamic side, (multiband/spectrum) compressors combined with some EQ.

Cheers.