Sonarworks headphone & speaker calibration software.

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

x7i7l
Established Member

Re: Sonarworks headphone & speaker calibration software.

Post by x7i7l »

"As for Linux support, we are not looking to add Linux for Reference 4 nor do we intend to stop releasing the Linux plug-in"
There's a double negative here, so i think it means:
Linux for Reference 4 = No
Linux Plugin = Yes

but i could be wrong.
Funnily, there is no reference to this any more. I wonder what they are planning?

I am happy to do calibration in a virtualbox, but I really hope they continue the support for the vst. I already purchased it and integrated it into my workflow.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

x7i7l wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:01 pm
"As for Linux support, we are not looking to add Linux for Reference 4 nor do we intend to stop releasing the Linux plug-in"
There's a double negative here, so i think it means:
Linux for Reference 4 = No
Linux Plugin = Yes

but i could be wrong.
Funnily, there is no reference to this any more. I wonder what they are planning?

I am happy to do calibration in a virtualbox, but I really hope they continue the support for the vst. I already purchased it and integrated it into my workflow.
That's the reply I got from them in August. But now the plugin is gone forever.
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

i wrote to them yesterday asking for the latest link. no reply yet.
will update you when i know more.
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

For now this link posted by Sonarworks dev in the other thread on LinuxMusicians is still active:

http://d38ygt50eys6ee.cloudfront.net/Do ... p86mdV4ygM
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

That link was for version 4.1.9 though the last two versions accessible for Linux were 4.4.4 and 4.4.6 so I'm not quite sure the images loaded would still be correctly working. (they have a FB group for "betas" and the question of the Linux future was asked but still no news)
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

so, when I emailed support to point out that the linux vst is missing, they emailed me a link to 4.4.7.40

https://support.sonarworks.com/attachme ... .40.tar.gz

I do hope they keep developing it.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

x7i7l wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm so, when I emailed support to point out that the linux vst is missing, they emailed me a link to 4.4.7.40

Thanks, I also asked and they will put the Linux version on the website again.... Further they wrote:

I doubt that we will cut the access entirely, historically we didn't do it for our Legacy products, so I have no reasons to believe that this is going to happen with the plugin. The blog news literally states that we no longer develop or do any work on the plugin. Apologies for any confusion. Does it mean that we're never coming back to Linux? It's hard to tell as Linux was never supported officially by us, yet, we did provide users with the ability to use the plugin. I think that we might revisit Linux support on the same level as before. This won't happen any time soon but I'm looking at this optimistically.
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

x7i7l wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm so, when I emailed support to point out that the linux vst is missing, they emailed me a link to 4.4.7.40

Thanks a lot! I fixed my problem installing this new version and reseting all my devices on my account, registrating again after.
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

great! glad it worked.