[request] Default MIDImap: always load

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

JamesPeters
Established Member

[request] Default MIDImap: always load

Post by JamesPeters »

The new default MIDImap feature is nice. When starting DrumGizmo for the first time (with no kit loaded), loading a kit now only requires loading of the kit xml file, as long as a default MIDImap is specified within the kit xml file.

However when I want to load a second kit xml file (to replace the first one which had previously been loaded into DrumGizmo), the previous MIDImap (from the first kit) remains loaded irrespective of whether the new kit xml file has a default MIDImap specified. This means I have to also load the second kit's MIDImap xml file after loading the kit xml file. The only time the default MIDImap for a kit is loaded is when DrumGizmo has no MIDImap already loaded.

If it's possible, I'm requesting that every time a new kit is loaded (including when there's already a kit loaded, and a new kit is being loaded to replace it), the default MIDImap file specified within the kit xml file is also loaded automatically, replacing whatever MIDImap file is already loaded.

Thank you!
chaot4
Established Member

Re: [request] Default MIDImap: always load

Post by chaot4 »

This behavior was on purpose, but I see your point.

We should probably change the behavior as in most cases, when people load a new kit, they also want another midi map. So, it's sensible to automatically load the default midi map. (Note to self: We have to make sure that this is not triggered when loading the plugin in an existing session.)