[SOLVED] DrumGizmo UI missing? [Ardour]

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

bibby

[SOLVED] DrumGizmo UI missing? [Ardour]

Post by bibby »

Greets. I'm new to Ardour and attempting to use DrumGizmo. I've downloaded some kits, and have been following setup guides, but my experience seems to be a unique problem. When I double-click the plugin from the Ardour plugin list/bank, the window that opens is not what I was expecting. There are no knobs or kit selector; I think something didn't load, and have no idea how to resolve. I'd appreciate any ideas. QT perhaps?

System is Ubuntu 18.04, and this is the case for DrumGizmo versions 9.14 (from ubuntu repos), 9.19 (from kxStudio PPA), and 9.18.1 (compiled from git). Edit: and Ardour 6.5.260
Last edited by bibby on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tseaver
Established Member

Re: DrumGizmo UI missing? [Ardour]

Post by tseaver »

I would suspect that your installed version of Ardour was built with different libc (or related) libraries than those used to build DG.
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

DrumGizmo does not rely on any external UI libraries.
If you compiled Ardour yourself, my guess would be that you perhaps did not build it with libsuil?
bibby

Post by bibby »

That appears to be it; I had compiled ardour myself to get version 6.5 on ubuntu 18.04 . A downgrade to the repository version resolves the UI problem, and drumgizmo is working great. I appreciate it the replies.
deva
Established Member

Re: [SOLVED] DrumGizmo UI missing? [Ardour]

Post by deva »

If you just install libsuil-dev before compiling ardour it should work also.
Ardour detects this during its configuration phase but it does not report it as an error if it does not find it.