any new kits from drumgizmo??

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

deva
Established Member

Re: any new kits from drumgizmo??

Post by deva »

funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:07 pm Kick drum
A nice beater. That's the only thing I don't like about the DRS kit. The kick does not work for me with heavier songs. I can't accomplish that basketball sound like I can with the Crocellkit.
Left and Right kick
I'm confused - doesn't the ArtStar kit have two kick-drums (L/R) already? And do you not think those have a "nice beater"?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:53 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:07 pm Kick drum
A nice beater. That's the only thing I don't like about the DRS kit. The kick does not work for me with heavier songs. I can't accomplish that basketball sound like I can with the Crocellkit.
Left and Right kick
I'm confused - doesn't the ArtStar kit have two kick-drums (L/R) already? And do you not think those have a "nice beater"?
Yep the kit sounds great. Just thought you maybe starting from scratch that's why I mentioned the L+R kick and damn yeah, the beater is sweet!! :D
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

The kit (except the crash cymbals), the room and the mic setup is exactly the same. It has even been stationary since I made the original recording.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:11 am The kit (except the crash cymbals), the room and the mic setup is exactly the same. It has even been stationary since I made the original recording.
I loved it. True the overheads weren't loud enough but I thought that and the room sounded ok.
If you can make it better, that would be awesome.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

funkmuscle wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:03 pm
deva wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:11 am The kit (except the crash cymbals), the room and the mic setup is exactly the same. It has even been stationary since I made the original recording.
I loved it. True the overheads weren't loud enough but I thought that and the room sounded ok.
If you can make it better, that would be awesome.
I was just playing with the kit again. You mentioned feature request and for anyone using edrumkits, shouldn't be more options with the hats like pedal, semi-closed, etc? Basically to function more like a real kit to feel like played by a live drummer whether programmed or on the edrumkit.
The options on the kit from EZ-Drummer and others for instance.
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

funkmuscle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:02 pm I was just playing with the kit again. You mentioned feature request and for anyone using edrumkits, shouldn't be more options with the hats like pedal, semi-closed, etc? Basically to function more like a real kit to feel like played by a live drummer whether programmed or on the edrumkit.
Do you happen to know how the hihat openness would be communicated through midi? I mean would it for example be separate notes for each openness level, or some midi CC events?
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

deva wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:17 pm Do you happen to know how the hihat openness would be communicated through midi? I mean would it for example be separate notes for each openness level, or some midi CC events?
It seems like Aftertouch would be a good fit for this use case.

Edit: Hmm... now that I think of it, maybe not. The idea of hihat openness is to sound different when struck, rather than changing how open it sounds afterward.
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

I can think of may different ways that this could be done from the software side, but the question is; how does the eDrumKits do it already, because this is probably how we would be required to do it also.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Yes I don't have a clue on how that would be done. I was just mentioning that because I bought EZBassand easy drummer or superior drummer lite or whatever the name is was a free offer. Starting to play with it not with electronical drum kit but just using the software on the computer I noticed that there were many different options on how the kit could be played. In other words more options to make it sound as if an actual drummer was playing.
Kind of hard for me to explain it because I'm not a drummer.
I guess their drum kits are made with the thought of everything that an actual drummer would do while playing.