Adding all the current DrumGizmo kits as a package

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

uns4ph3
Established Member

Adding all the current DrumGizmo kits as a package

Post by uns4ph3 »

I'd love to have it setup to where I am able to download all the latest DG kits as a package in the repository, updated when there are new kits. Is that doable?
Search for Fusterclucker on your favorite streaming platforms to hear my awful music, and go visit my blog for my inane rants.
uns4ph3
Established Member

Re: Adding all the current DrumGizmo kits as a package

Post by uns4ph3 »

Had a night to think about this and although I think it'd be cool on the surface, it is the kind of thing that might be a downside to others. Because the DG files are so large, I put them on my 1tb drive that's separate from the 128gig HD that my OS sits on - and if those were to just become a package, they would install into the OS folders, wouldn't they?

If they could install into the /usr/username/home directory (or the OS equivalent) then it'd be awesome.
Search for Fusterclucker on your favorite streaming platforms to hear my awful music, and go visit my blog for my inane rants.
English Guy
Established Member

Post by English Guy »

I would not want all the kits, mainly because of size, but packages would be good. There could always be a master package with all the kits as a dependency for those that wanted them all.
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

We are actually working on setting up a git repository with al the xml files of the kits.
this means that you could have the audio files downloaded from the web-site stored manually and then simply do a git pull once in a while to get the latest xml changes.

For those interested, the repo can be found here: http://cgit.drumgizmo.org/kits.git/
To clone it, simply use

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.drumgizmo.org/kits.git/