DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Post by funkmuscle »

luciorgomes wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
luciorgomes wrote:New one... text corrections...
dude this is awesome. This is exactly it but I'm gonna be a pain in the ass one last time :mrgreen: . The buss for the snare and kick, since they're mone signals, I usually route to a mono buss.
I can edit it myself if you tell me where in the script.
Now you can set the type of the buses.... and the group name :P
Thanks bro.. works perfectly now!! thanks... :D
chaot4
Established Member

Post by chaot4 »

I didn't check the scripts and midnam files myself but I think we should make them available on drumgizmo.org on the drumkit pages.

@deva: What do you think?
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

It sounds like a good idea.
chaot4 wrote:I didn't check the scripts and midnam files myself but I think we should make them available on drumgizmo.org on the drumkit pages.
@deva: What do you think?
That sounds like a good idea but unfortunately I'm knee deep in working on the editor at the moment, but I could probably look into it after sonoj.
(I'm presenting the editor in all its glory if anybody is interested - https://sonoj.org)
joboschetti
Established Member

Post by joboschetti »

Thanks for the script! I included This in my project https://geekosdaw.tuxfamily.org :)

I package inside drumgizmo with package name ardour-lua-drumgizmo and now avaiable for everyone :)

If you release a new version i update it. Please apply versioning of the script :)
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

luciorgomes wrote:Hi

The attachment contains custom versions of the "create_drum_tracks" lua script and midinam/patchfiles for the Drumgizmo Kits.

The ".lua" files goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/scripts. It will be available in Edit>Lua Scripts>Script Manager. Select one of the "Actions" > "Add/Set" to setup. The "Call" button runs the script. It will create audio tracks for the channels of each kit.

The ".midnam" ones goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/patchfiles. This will create a "Drumgizmo" item on the combo "External Midi Device" (default = Generic") in a MIDI track.

Bye
Hello, nice work but could you please reupload those .tar.gz archives under a free license? They can't be legally redistributed on some repositories, otherwise.

Edit: The version you uploaded to Musical Artifacts (CC-BY) is actually fine, my apologies. That only refers to the uploads here.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
luciorgomes
Established Member

Post by luciorgomes »

joboschetti wrote:Thanks for the script! I included This in my project https://geekosdaw.tuxfamily.org :)

I package inside drumgizmo with package name ardour-lua-drumgizmo and now avaiable for everyone :)

If you release a new version i update it. Please apply versioning of the script :)
Oh well... I don't think I will do another version... Treat it as 1.0 :P
Basslint wrote:
luciorgomes wrote:Hi

The attachment contains custom versions of the "create_drum_tracks" lua script and midinam/patchfiles for the Drumgizmo Kits.

The ".lua" files goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/scripts. It will be available in Edit>Lua Scripts>Script Manager. Select one of the "Actions" > "Add/Set" to setup. The "Call" button runs the script. It will create audio tracks for the channels of each kit.

The ".midnam" ones goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/patchfiles. This will create a "Drumgizmo" item on the combo "External Midi Device" (default = Generic") in a MIDI track.

Bye
Hello, nice work but could you please reupload those .tar.gz archives under a free license? They can't be legally redistributed on some repositories, otherwise.

Edit: The version you uploaded to Musical Artifacts (CC-BY) is actually fine, my apologies. That only refers to the uploads here.
Man, I'm not a real programmer. I've studied some lua scripts from Ardour and learned how to do it. I don't know how to publish it with free licence either... If the upload in Musical Artifacts is enought, fine. Use it freely... :wink:
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

luciorgomes wrote: Man, I'm not a real programmer. I've studied some lua scripts from Ardour and learned how to do it. I don't know how to publish it with free licence either... If the upload in Musical Artifacts is enought, fine. Use it freely... :wink:
You are a better programmer than many, because you were be able to make something useful :D I would explore this talent of yours if I were you, maybe as an hobby!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
luciorgomes
Established Member

Post by luciorgomes »