DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA, deva, muldjord

User avatar
funkmuscle
Established Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby funkmuscle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:37 pm

luciorgomes wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
luciorgomes wrote:New one... text corrections...

dude this is awesome. This is exactly it but I'm gonna be a pain in the ass one last time :mrgreen: . The buss for the snare and kick, since they're mone signals, I usually route to a mono buss.
I can edit it myself if you tell me where in the script.


Now you can set the type of the buses.... and the group name :P

Thanks bro.. works perfectly now!! thanks... :D

chaot4
Established Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:59 am

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby chaot4 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33 pm

I didn't check the scripts and midnam files myself but I think we should make them available on drumgizmo.org on the drumkit pages.

@deva: What do you think?

User avatar
deva
Established Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 am
Contact:

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby deva » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:47 pm

It sounds like a good idea.
chaot4 wrote:I didn't check the scripts and midnam files myself but I think we should make them available on drumgizmo.org on the drumkit pages.
@deva: What do you think?


That sounds like a good idea but unfortunately I'm knee deep in working on the editor at the moment, but I could probably look into it after sonoj.
(I'm presenting the editor in all its glory if anybody is interested - https://sonoj.org)

joboschetti
Established Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:48 am

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby joboschetti » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:28 am

Thanks for the script! I included This in my project https://geekosdaw.tuxfamily.org :)

I package inside drumgizmo with package name ardour-lua-drumgizmo and now avaiable for everyone :)

If you release a new version i update it. Please apply versioning of the script :)

Basslint
Established Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Italy

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby Basslint » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 am

luciorgomes wrote:Hi

The attachment contains custom versions of the "create_drum_tracks" lua script and midinam/patchfiles for the Drumgizmo Kits.

The ".lua" files goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/scripts. It will be available in Edit>Lua Scripts>Script Manager. Select one of the "Actions" > "Add/Set" to setup. The "Call" button runs the script. It will create audio tracks for the channels of each kit.

The ".midnam" ones goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/patchfiles. This will create a "Drumgizmo" item on the combo "External Midi Device" (default = Generic") in a MIDI track.

Bye


Hello, nice work but could you please reupload those .tar.gz archives under a free license? They can't be legally redistributed on some repositories, otherwise.

Edit: The version you uploaded to Musical Artifacts (CC-BY) is actually fine, my apologies. That only refers to the uploads here.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

luciorgomes
Established Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby luciorgomes » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:21 am

joboschetti wrote:Thanks for the script! I included This in my project https://geekosdaw.tuxfamily.org :)

I package inside drumgizmo with package name ardour-lua-drumgizmo and now avaiable for everyone :)

If you release a new version i update it. Please apply versioning of the script :)


Oh well... I don't think I will do another version... Treat it as 1.0 :P

Basslint wrote:
luciorgomes wrote:Hi

The attachment contains custom versions of the "create_drum_tracks" lua script and midinam/patchfiles for the Drumgizmo Kits.

The ".lua" files goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/scripts. It will be available in Edit>Lua Scripts>Script Manager. Select one of the "Actions" > "Add/Set" to setup. The "Call" button runs the script. It will create audio tracks for the channels of each kit.

The ".midnam" ones goes to /home/[username]/.config/[ardourx/mixbusx]/patchfiles. This will create a "Drumgizmo" item on the combo "External Midi Device" (default = Generic") in a MIDI track.

Bye


Hello, nice work but could you please reupload those .tar.gz archives under a free license? They can't be legally redistributed on some repositories, otherwise.

Edit: The version you uploaded to Musical Artifacts (CC-BY) is actually fine, my apologies. That only refers to the uploads here.


Man, I'm not a real programmer. I've studied some lua scripts from Ardour and learned how to do it. I don't know how to publish it with free licence either... If the upload in Musical Artifacts is enought, fine. Use it freely... :wink:

Basslint
Established Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Italy

Re: DrumGizmo - Ardour/Mixbus scripts and patchfiles

Postby Basslint » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:12 am

luciorgomes wrote:Man, I'm not a real programmer. I've studied some lua scripts from Ardour and learned how to do it. I don't know how to publish it with free licence either... If the upload in Musical Artifacts is enought, fine. Use it freely... :wink:


You are a better programmer than many, because you were be able to make something useful :D I would explore this talent of yours if I were you, maybe as an hobby!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]


Return to “Support / Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest