CrocellKit Centre OVH creates a delay

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

funkmuscle
Established Member

CrocellKit Centre OVH creates a delay

Post by funkmuscle »

dunno if this was mentioned yet but since the latest DG, CrocellKit Centre OVH creates a delay after I've created the beats in MusE and recorded in Ardour.
This is my fav kit and been using since you guys came out with it. 0.9.16 version of DG, I have to mute the centre ovh channel. I even tried with all the humanizer turned off. Doesn't do it in MusE.
deva
Established Member

Re: CrocellKit Centre OVH creates a delay

Post by deva »

Could you perhaps take a screenshot showing how the channels are delayed beside each other?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote:Could you perhaps take a screenshot showing how the channels are delayed beside each other?
You mean like a shot of it in ardor?
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

Exactly.
I just tried recording the 16 channel output from DG 0.9.16 with Crocell Kit in the new patched version and all channels seemed to align perfectly under each other.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Deva I think I may have resolved it. It seemed to be some form of latency issue. I adjusted Jack frames/period in qjackctl and for now it seems to be okay. It's strange because of always used that setting but I'm glad now because I'm using it at 256 without X runs. Usually when I'm recording DG I need it at about 1024 but this is good.
I will monitor this and see if that's actually the issue and if it's not, I will get back.
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

Great that you solved it.
What did you change frames/periods from and to? ... just in case other might find this forum post with the same problem...
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote:Great that you solved it.
What did you change frames/periods from and to? ... just in case other might find this forum post with the same problem...
from 1024 to 256.

On a side note, the bleeding control is perfect. Only one request, do you think on upcoming releases, the bleeding control can be set per instrument?
I mean for instance, the OVH, I try to get as much HiHats out as possible so that way I have better control over the HiHat track but that takes too much of the natural feel and sound out of the overall kit, the soul of DG.
Of course it's different with ever kit even more reason for individual controls???
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

funkmuscle wrote:Only one request, do you think on upcoming releases, the bleeding control can be set per instrument?
We already have it on the roadmap but imagining how the UI for such a feature would work is a bit of a hazzle so we thought we'd do the whole-kit bleed first.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Only one request, do you think on upcoming releases, the bleeding control can be set per instrument?
We already have it on the roadmap but imagining how the UI for such a feature would work is a bit of a hazzle so we thought we'd do the whole-kit bleed first.
haha I was thinking the same thing. Look at some of the LSP plugins, they've got tiny knobs, etc. on some plugins