[Solved] SM MegaReapter and Salamander Kits

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

finotti
Established Member

[Solved] SM MegaReapter and Salamander Kits

Post by finotti »

Has anyone been able to use the SM MegaReapter and Salamander kits posted by the Libre Music Production site here:

http://libremusicproduction.com/news/20 ... -drumgizmo

For some reason I can only get the kick sound (but I am not sure it is from the sample), but all other instruments are silent.

I've checked the location of the configuration files and even the references on the XML files, and all seems to match.

Drumgizmo loads them without complaining (takes a while to load the kit, as usual, and it becomes green). I've tried it in Ardour and Muse (from KXStudio repos). The MuldjordKit2 works fine...

Any ideas of what it could be or what I could try?

Thanks!
Last edited by finotti on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
eric71
Established Member

Re: SM MegaReapter and Salamander Kits

Post by eric71 »

It's probably because it is a 16 output plugin. You are only getting output 1 & 2, the kick mics going to your tracks stereo outputs. I'm using the SM kit in Linux Reaper and I can either connect all the outputs of DrumGizmo to my left and right output for a quick and dirty stereo mix. Or I route each output to a new track to record the output in multiple tracks. There's ways to do similar in Ardour. I tried it once over a year ago, so I don't recall the details. May have been a tutorial at Libre Music Production?

edit: yes, this tutorial http://libremusicproduction.com/tutoria ... zmo-ardour
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

eric71 wrote:It's probably because it is a 16 output plugin. You are only getting output 1 & 2, the kick mics going to your tracks stereo outputs. I'm using the SM kit in Linux Reaper and I can either connect all the outputs of DrumGizmo to my left and right output for a quick and dirty stereo mix. Or I route each output to a new track to record the output in multiple tracks. There's ways to do similar in Ardour. I tried it once over a year ago, so I don't recall the details. May have been a tutorial at Libre Music Production?

edit: yes, this tutorial http://libremusicproduction.com/tutoria ... zmo-ardour
Thanks, I will double check... I'm using Drumgizmo with the MuldjordKit2 without problems, though, so I'd think the channels are set correctly. In any event, I will look at it again.

Thanks for the reply!
chaot4
Established Member

Post by chaot4 »

Did you make any progress on this? Does it work now or did you get any additional hint what's wrong here?
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

chaot4 wrote:Did you make any progress on this? Does it work now or did you get any additional hint what's wrong here?
No, unfortunately... I doubled checked, and it seems that all the connections are correct, as I can load MuldjordKit2 and DRSKit2 in DrumGizmo and it plays correctly, but neither the Salamander nor the SM MegaReaper new kits produce any sound, except for the kick (which again, I'm not sure it is from the kit).

Has anyone have any success using those?

I might have to compare the XML's (of working and non-working kits) more or less line by line at some point...
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

Did you load the correct midimap file with the kits?
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

deva wrote:Did you load the correct midimap file with the kits?
I'm pretty sure I did. (The supplied ones.) And even if not, some of the instruments would have been in the same place (like the snare, hi-hat, etc.)

I will double check later anyway. Does it work for you?
chaot4
Established Member

Post by chaot4 »

I just tried out the SalamanderKit and it works perfectly here.

So either there's something wrong with the directory structure in your SalamanderKit or your connections are wrong. Could you please send a screenshot or paste of your connections in Ardour? And could you also paste your directory structure of the SalamanderKit?
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

OK, I could make it work in Ardour... When I tried loading them in an existing session before, for some reason it did not work. But I've created a new session and pinned the connections for DrumGizmo and they worked...

Sorry, I don't know what I did wrong before. But I greatly appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks and sorry again... (I'll mark it as solved.)
chaot4
Established Member

Re: [Solved] SM MegaReapter and Salamander Kits

Post by chaot4 »

I'm glad you got it working. :)

Have fun with DG!