Version LV2 "for Windows"?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

febros

Version LV2 "for Windows"?

Post by febros »

Hi there

If this question is out of place or if it is already answered please provide me the link. I couldn't find it, but I find it weird...

I've been using Ardour for years on Linux. Now I'm trying to use it on Windows. I've seen many mentions to the "LV2 version" of DrumGizmo but all I can find is the source code and instructions about how to compile it on Linux.

Is there a compiled LV2 plugin? If not, is there any way to compile it without using the native GNU tools?
deva
Established Member

Re: Version LV2 "for Windows"?

Post by deva »

We do not currently supply a pre-compiled LV2 for windows. You can however use the VST version in Ardour on Windows. Would that solve your issue?
We could theoretically make an LV2 for windows but so far nobody has asked for it, so we have not had it high on the priority list.
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

Regarding Windows LV2 software in general, the text on the GH LV2 wiki currently notes:
Precompiled Windows LV2 plugins are available from DISTRHO, Zam, x42, Carla, and Ardour, for Moony.lv2 and Sherlock.lv2, as well as the non-free Harrison's XT plugins.
Windows hosts include Ardour, Mixbus, Carla and Ingen (no-precompiled binary). Possibly Audacity.
If anyone knows of any other Windows LV2 plugins or hosts, please do say (or make a wiki edit), thanks! IMO, the more prebuilt Windows LV2 plugins, the more interest generated in LV2 (and potential for a Windows->Linux leap).

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

I will add binary Windows LV2 to our roadmap for 0.9.19, so that you can add DrumGizmo to the list once that is released :-)