Free acoustic drum bank for DrumGizmo, 1.7 GB, round robin

DrumGizmo development and support forum.
http://drumgizmo.org/

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA, deva, muldjord, Glocke

DrumTimo
Established Member

Re: Free acoustic drum bank for DrumGizmo, 1.7 GB, round robin

Post by DrumTimo »

Great work, thank you, thank you, thank you!
As good as the DRSkit and Muljord3 are, their snares are too limited to be played with an e-kit: no rimshot and no tremolo.
The snare in this Tchackpoum is realy good, almost as a real snare.
Thanks!

MrHaroldA

Post by MrHaroldA »

I had a first test run with this kit too; quite impressive! :D

I'll hook up my electronic drumkit later this week and see how it reacts to that; especially the hi-hat.

Tnx!

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Is this drum kit downloadable yet from the drum gizmo website? I wanted to try it when you guys first put it together but I ended up working with a real drummer.

JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

"You guys"? You mean me? :)

It's only downloadable from that link, so far, that I know about anyway.

I may update it at some point. I was thinking of changing the order of MIDI notes for the open and closed hats (all open hat variants such as 1" open, 2" open, 3" open all grouped for instance), possibly making the default MIDImap loading change to the kits, and finally possibly editing the tom sounds a bit (destructively editing the proximity samples to sound a bit "snappier"). I was also considering editing one of the snare sounds since I only use one snare and don't really like the other. But I'm not in a position to be doing edits to the samples at the moment.

MrHaroldA

Post by MrHaroldA »

JamesPeters wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 am
I may update it at some point. I was thinking of changing the order of MIDI notes for the open and closed hats (all open hat variants such as 1" open, 2" open, 3" open all grouped for instance), possibly making the default MIDImap loading change to the kits, and finally possibly editing the tom sounds a bit (destructively editing the proximity samples to sound a bit "snappier"). I was also considering editing one of the snare sounds since I only use one snare and don't really like the other. But I'm not in a position to be doing edits to the samples at the moment.
They all sound like nice updates! Especially the hihats ...

JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

MrHaroldA wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:13 am
They all sound like nice updates! Especially the hihats ...
I updated the kit with the hihat MIDImap re-arrangement.

a.d.
Established Member

Post by a.d. »

@JamesPeters, this is a great kit. I've been using it for months. Per funkmuscle's comment, I think your work would be a great addition to the official kits at drumgizmo.org. Any reason it can't be listed there?

JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

a.d. wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:37 pm
@JamesPeters, this is a great kit. I've been using it for months. Per funkmuscle's comment, I think your work would be a great addition to the official kits at drumgizmo.org. Any reason it can't be listed there?
I'm glad you like it! Props to Vincent who recorded his drum kit for the samples!

I'd be happy to have it hosted on the DrumGizmo site. I've offered it already. I just assumed the DrumGizmo team was busy doing other things.

a.d.
Established Member

Post by a.d. »

@JamesPeters Interesting. Well, as a happy user I hope others can come along and easily use both projects. That said, it's helpful to me that you make announcements and updates here. Would you consider making a page for your work? Possibly as a directory off the site you have listed in your profile?