DrumGizmo 0.9.17 Released!

DrumGizmo development and support forum.
http://drumgizmo.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, Glocke, deva

English Guy
Established Member

Re: DrumGizmo 0.9.17 Released!

Post by English Guy »

funkmuscle wrote:
English Guy wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
When you open Drumgizmo in Mixbus or Ardour it gives the option to fan the drums out to multiple channels and you can mix the kit. I have created a template for the DRS kit so that I do not have to set up from scratch. Sorry, I do not know how you do this in Muse.
yeah I know but it doesn't control the instruments in the overhead so the hats are louder in the DRSKit than any of the other kits. I can't control what the overhead mics already recorded than way.... or can I?
I use your template I think. If your template is the one that creates the tracks via the lua scripts thing. I do fan out and get the individual tracks but but the overhead has the hihats too so I use it only because the hats are really loud in the overheads.
Just a thought, when you fan them out the whole kit is also still going through the first channel and that needs to be disconnected, did you know that?

The template I meant is my own. When I have the kit panned, reverb set up, compression etc too, I made a Mixbus template so I do not have to do this again every time.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: DrumGizmo 0.9.17 Released!

Post by funkmuscle »

English Guy wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
English Guy wrote:
When you open Drumgizmo in Mixbus or Ardour it gives the option to fan the drums out to multiple channels and you can mix the kit. I have created a template for the DRS kit so that I do not have to set up from scratch. Sorry, I do not know how you do this in Muse.
yeah I know but it doesn't control the instruments in the overhead so the hats are louder in the DRSKit than any of the other kits. I can't control what the overhead mics already recorded than way.... or can I?
I use your template I think. If your template is the one that creates the tracks via the lua scripts thing. I do fan out and get the individual tracks but but the overhead has the hihats too so I use it only because the hats are really loud in the overheads.
Just a thought, when you fan them out the whole kit is also still going through the first channel and that needs to be disconnected, did you know that?

The template I meant is my own. When I have the kit panned, reverb set up, compression etc too, I made a Mixbus template so I do not have to do this again every time.
Not sure I follow you. When I fan out, each instrument on the kit gets its it's own track. All the other kits I do the same. Yes the overheads pick up the hats but not as loud so that way I have some kinda control the hats on it's own track.
With the DRS, so much of the hats is in the overhead track that I mute the hats track.
This gives me less cymbals control too.
It's a hard rock song so everything is being hit hard.
EDIT:
I've been following this method ever since using DG a few years back:
http://libremusicproduction.com/tutoria ... zmo-ardour