DrumGizmo 0.9.19 Released!

DrumGizmo development and support forum.
http://drumgizmo.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, Glocke, deva

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: DrumGizmo 0.9.19 Released!

Post by funkmuscle »

Tried as suggested and got this:

Code: Select all

]$ git clone git://git.drumgizmo.org/drumgizmo.git --recursive
Cloning into 'drumgizmo'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://git.drumgizmo.org/drumgizmo.git/': SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'git.drumgizmo.org'
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

Does anybody else have this issue?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

deva wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:59 pm Does anybody else have this issue?
I couldn't tell because the guy that's maintaining it at the repo has not replied since I've posted this there a few weeks ago. I don't know how many people are using your program with Reaper on Arch.
There is a version in the official repo and I've contacted that guy and he said he couldn't do the VST version due to some legality but yet there's LSP and GX plugins that are in the main repo that are vsts.
What is the URL so I can use the official repo and wrap it with lv2vst? The one that shows in Carla doesn't allow me to wrap it
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

If for some reason the git procol is being forced to a http one I think you can use the http://cgit.drumgizmo.org/drumgizmo.git url instead (note the 'c' at the beginning):

Code: Select all

git clone http://cgit.drumgizmo.org/drumgizmo.git --recursive
Does that work for you?
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

deva wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:10 pm Some day perhaps, but for now it doesn't have high priority, since the VST2 use-cases mostly overlap with the VST3 ones as far as I understand it?
The problem with VST2 is that the official SDK is hard to find online, and the (pirate) copies still around are being taken down by Steinberg via DMCA.

So in the long term, VST3 support is a pretty big thing. Also because the VST2 version can't be shipped in distros (due to licensing issues), while the VST3 version could.

In the repo I co-maintain for example we have some REAPER users. REAPER doesn't support LV2, but it does support VST2 and VST3. We can't distribute the VST2 version of the plugin so REAPER users can only bridge the LV2 version.

Now you could say, who cares about what developers of a proprietary DAW do? I would even agree but I believe that being able to recommend DrumGizmo even to those users would be great. I also think VST3 is the future (due to its FLOSS license and the fact that it's also used on other platforms) and that supporting in means being ready for the next few years.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

I must add to Basslint's post that not only proprietary hosts are not LV2-aware, sadly. All JUCE-based software (except Element) doesn't support LV2 hosting, for example such good apps like Helio and BespokeSynth.
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

I actually started porting DrumGizmo to VST3 and have so far made quite good progress. Expect more news on this soon :-)
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

cool!
Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

I'm new to this plugin. I found when using it that it would use more DSP load than I had so start distorting. The way for me to fix this is to put the cache limit slider up to full and it appears to use RAM instead of CPU, which is fine. When I changed the slider, I immediately pressed play on the DAW (Reaper) not realising it had to reload. This caused the audio level to massively spike, thankfully Reaper has a level cut off. Is there a way to set a default position for this slider so it doesn't always start at 1024?
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

Largos wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:24 pm I'm new to this plugin. I found when using it that it would use more DSP load than I had so start distorting. The way for me to fix this is to put the cache limit slider up to full and it appears to use RAM instead of CPU, which is fine. When I changed the slider, I immediately pressed play on the DAW (Reaper) not realising it had to reload. This caused the audio level to massively spike, thankfully Reaper has a level cut off. Is there a way to set a default position for this slider so it doesn't always start at 1024?
I'm afraid there is no way to set the default slider value unless you compile the plugin yourself. In that case you can change the default in src/settings.h at line 58.

If you are using the plugin in a session with a very small audio buffer-size (2ms for example) you can try the new "Voice Limit" feature which should reduce the disc activity a lot.
JamesPeters
Established Member

Post by JamesPeters »

@Largos You can set a default for any parameter of any plugin, within Reaper anyway.

Make the plugin settings as you wish. Save that as a preset in Reaper. (It can even be named "no preset" or "default" preset.) Then from the preset options menu (the + sign), choose "make preset default".

I've set DrumGizmo to not use disk streaming, as well as changed some of the "humanization" settings to my preferences, and saved that as default. Any time I load DrumGizmo in Reaper, it starts with those settings.
Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

deva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:54 pm
Largos wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:24 pm I'm new to this plugin. I found when using it that it would use more DSP load than I had so start distorting. The way for me to fix this is to put the cache limit slider up to full and it appears to use RAM instead of CPU, which is fine. When I changed the slider, I immediately pressed play on the DAW (Reaper) not realising it had to reload. This caused the audio level to massively spike, thankfully Reaper has a level cut off. Is there a way to set a default position for this slider so it doesn't always start at 1024?
I'm afraid there is no way to set the default slider value unless you compile the plugin yourself. In that case you can change the default in src/settings.h at line 58.

If you are using the plugin in a session with a very small audio buffer-size (2ms for example) you can try the new "Voice Limit" feature which should reduce the disc activity a lot.
Thanks. The main problem for me is that in a few plugins the DSP load starts spiking an distorting the sound. Moving the slider works keeps it steady though. Just trying to save myself some setup time :)
JamesPeters wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:37 pm @Largos You can set a default for any parameter of any plugin, within Reaper anyway.

Make the plugin settings as you wish. Save that as a preset in Reaper. (It can even be named "no preset" or "default" preset.) Then from the preset options menu (the + sign), choose "make preset default".

I've set DrumGizmo to not use disk streaming, as well as changed some of the "humanization" settings to my preferences, and saved that as default. Any time I load DrumGizmo in Reaper, it starts with those settings.
Cheers, I didn't know about that feature. That's really useful.
MrHaroldA
Established Member

Post by MrHaroldA »

Basslint wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:44 am
deva wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:10 pm Some day perhaps, but for now it doesn't have high priority, since the VST2 use-cases mostly overlap with the VST3 ones as far as I understand it?
In the repo I co-maintain for example we have some REAPER users. REAPER doesn't support LV2, but it does support VST2 and VST3. We can't distribute the VST2 version of the plugin so REAPER users can only bridge the LV2 version.
Side note: REAPER started supporting LV2 a couple of versions ago ...
christobal
Established Member

Post by christobal »

deva wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:01 pm I actually started porting DrumGizmo to VST3 and have so far made quite good progress. Expect more news on this soon :-)
Welcome news for someone on Manjaro who uses Bitwig ;)
Amp: Echolette M40 / NG51S Tape Echo
Strings: Martin D15M, Yamaha FG-180, Alhambra 5P, Yamaha Revstar