MIDI on Lazarus, nudge needed

Bring your custom casings, arduinos, raspberry pi's, axoloti's and other creative hardware projects

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

OccinticLady
Established Member

MIDI on Lazarus, nudge needed

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
So, most already know, I caved in to the purchase of a Korg m3r.
The interace is not very acessible...to say the least.
I was looking for a librarian of sorts and wondered if making this myself would pay off...
MIDI SysEX commands would have to be used...so a MIDI connection (via USB) is the way to go, I assume.
Any ideas how to achieve the one or the other?
Thanks
Melissa
tseaver
Established Member

Re: MIDI on Lazarus, nudge needed

Post by tseaver »

What kind of programming background do you have? As a Python developer, I would investigate Mido: https://mido.readthedocs.io/en/latest/. It has reasonable docs, seems to be somewhat maintained (last release 2021-05-10), and has support for both sending / receiving SysEx messages and saving / loading them to a SYX file.
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
OccinticLady
Established Member

Re: MIDI on Lazarus, nudge needed

Post by OccinticLady »

tseaver wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:35 am What kind of programming background do you have? As a Python developer, I would investigate Mido: https://mido.readthedocs.io/en/latest/. It has reasonable docs, seems to be somewhat maintained (last release 2021-05-10), and has support for both sending / receiving SysEx messages and saving / loading them to a SYX file.
I am (was) a software developer with Pascal (Delphi) and Java experience...but that was 20 years ago.
Python is learnable.
Thanks, I'll look inot that.
It seem possible to make a patch, but from what I saw in the manual, it's a lengthy process, so sending a stored patch to the box seems the best option.
Thanks
Melissa