How to use multisampling with LSP Sampler Mono

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Fatima
Established Member

How to use multisampling with LSP Sampler Mono

Post by Fatima »

Hi people,
well, a couple of weeks ago I finally bought my MIDI controller and I am making my first song.

I am using Qtractor, some tracks with the Yoshimi plugin, and some tracks with LSP Sampler Mono.
In track 10 I want to set up a pair of congas, low and hi.
While LSP Sampler Mono allows me to define a sample matrix with up to 8 samples (0 to 7) I do not understand how to assign each sample to a keyboard range.
Any hints will be highly appreciated.

All the best,
Fatima
porzione
Established Member

Re: How to use multisampling with LSP Sampler Mono

Post by porzione »

Hi again

If you want to use more than one instrument you need two instances of LSP mono or multi sampler.
For drums there is map of MIDI notes per each instrument, see https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_gm.htm
you need to load sample for low conga and set note E5 in LSP (MIDI# 64), if you have multiple low conga samples with different velocities use sample selector. All the samples from matrix will play for chosen note
Then repeat this for hi conga - in multi sampler there is instrument selector (or another LSP mono instance), load the sample and set note D5 for it. Now you can put notes E5 and D5 in piano roll or play them on keyboard. It is standard mapping but you can use any notes you want.

If you really need to play sample for key range, you need some plugin for MIDI mapping.

Bitwig / Surge XT / Linux Studio Plugins / u-he stuff / TAL stuff

Fatima
Established Member

Re: How to use multisampling with LSP Sampler Mono

Post by Fatima »

Hey @porzione thank you very much!