Sitala v 1.0 is out

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stanlea
Established Member

Sitala v 1.0 is out

Post by stanlea »

Decomposer has announced that, after three years of development, Sitala, a drum sampler for macOS, Windows and Linux, today reached its 1.0 release.

Sitala features 16 drum pads and an intuitive set of 6 controls: shape, two-octave tuning, volume, compression, tone and pan. By overloading each of its controls to sweep through a range of possibilities, Sitala keeps the control surface minimal while still allowing for a large range of sounds. The shape knob sweeps from everything from glitchy micro-house to pumping atmospheric sounds. The tone-knob single-handedly covers most of the territory that'd normally be achieved with a parametric EQ. Uniquely, each of its controls provides immediate visual feedback to see exactly what's being done to the sound in use.

With the 1.0 release, Decomposer has added lots of new features to round out the drum sampler.

Editable sample start and end points: Not only does Sitala allow editing the start and end points of samples, it also automatically detects poorly cut samples with leading silence and places the play head at the point where the sample starts, not just the point where the file starts.

Beat slicing: If you load a sound into Sitala that has multiple drum hits, it automatically finds their start and end points and lets you pick either individual drum hits, or to play the entire sample. You can even go one step further and slice each individual drum hit to its own pad so that each part of the loop can be triggered separately.

Automatic Multi-Out in REAPER: Sitala integrates with REAPER so that choosing multi-output mode in REAPER will automatically put Sitala into multi-out mode and keep the track names in sync. This makes it easy to add additional processing to each drum pad in Reaper.

Sitala is available for free at decomposer.de.
uns4ph3
Established Member

Re: Sitala v 1.0 is out

Post by uns4ph3 »

No new drum sampler for me since it's in a .deb file and I'm running Manjaro. Sad panda face.
Search for Fusterclucker on your favorite streaming platforms to hear my awful music, and go visit my blog for my inane rants.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

It's in AUR. And besides, deb is an archive which can be extracted.
jmuller
Established Member

Post by jmuller »

Nice to see a cross platform sampler that doesn't oversee linux.
uns4ph3
Established Member

Post by uns4ph3 »

Ooh I’ll dig it up after work! Thanks for that heads up.
Search for Fusterclucker on your favorite streaming platforms to hear my awful music, and go visit my blog for my inane rants.
merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

The preferred way to install a .deb on Arch is to use a PKGBUILD. This means pacman is managing all your packages, which is what you want.

The PKGBUILD for sitala-bin in the AUR is out of date -- it's pointing to a beta release. Version 1.0 fixed GUI issues on my system, so that's the one you want.

It's only two lines on the PKGBUILD -- the correct URL and the sha512 for the new file. You can download the PKGBUILD from the AUR, then edit it with this :

Code: Select all

source_x86_64=("https://decomposer.de/sitala/releases/sitala-1.0_amd64.deb")
sha512sums_x86_64=('3d0976878eec22c2f3d13a08994be7b2b981637cb93ea2bfa1405c53b46635ae734602453950313cc41a0078ddebab2a68e49f6f26a49d6639b5cd9dcacbc204')
LAM
Established Member

Post by LAM »

It's just me or the interface is shrinked down? The previous version had a bigger gui... :?

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

LAM wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:12 pm It's just me or the interface is shrinked down? The previous version had a bigger gui... :?
It does seem quite a bit smaller.