QJackCtl connections

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

eegrek39

QJackCtl connections

Post by eegrek39 »

I have just joined the site, with the idea that someone would help me to get going on Midi connections to my PSR2000 keyboard from my laptop
After looking at some posts and solutions I have now managed to get started and I record the main settings to at least get some sound working and recording.
I have downloaded Qjackctl, Yoshimi, and RoseGarden.
I started QjackClt first. Looking at the connection options there was MIDI 1 on the output side and Midi 1 on the Input side. I connected these two ports
I then started Yoshimi and refreshed the connections on Jack. This shows Yoshimi 0: input
I connected Midi1 output to Yoshimi 0:input
I started RoseGarden and refreshed the connections and RoseGarden 0:record was found on the Input ports
I connected Midi 1 to Rosegarden 0:input
Also RoseGarden showed 1:sync out
3:Out 1 Midi Device
I connected 1:sync out to Midi 1
and 1:sync out to Yoshimi 0: Input
Finally 3: Out 1 Midi Device to Yoshimi 0: Input

This now gives me some sound to record in RoseGarden using the Instrument selected in Yoshimi.
The play back quality at the moment is not too good but at least I have got going.
The OTraki Midi USB has the blue power lamp working and also the Amber Input light and the Red output lights flashing to show a connection.
I still cannot get Yamaha MusicSoft to show that there is a Midi connection - it always displays the Fail state and not the OK state.
Has anyone else managed to get a connection using this software? I have tried my windows computer with no success.