Free Latin Trumpet SF2

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Shupacabras
Established Member

Free Latin Trumpet SF2

Post by Shupacabras »

Hi all. After a couple of decades collecting swatches and a lot of editing work to match color with each note. I have finished this sound source. Originally it was for my personal use, but today I want to share it with everyone.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KesC9 ... QGkm-dOqnp

Samples are included in 2 octaves; vibrato, shakes, rise and three types of falls, speed +106 short, speed 101 to 105 medium and speed up to 100 long (not so long)

You can skip every 2 octaves to have a different effect, a track only has to transport one or more notes to play different
range goes from F-1 (note = 17) to E7 (note = 112)
F-1 to E1: Rise
F1 to E3: Falls (long differs by sensitivity)
F3 to E5: Natural trumpet
F5 to E7: Shakes

Warning: Set of samples from different sources, some available on the Internet, other magazine CDs, YouTube videos and others from Kontack libraries.
Although it was collated, edited, equalize and converted to SF2, it was resampled with synthclone, I cannot guarantee that all original samples are publicly licensed and that copyright protection laws are not violated.

Feel free to make suggestions or report bugs in this thread.
Download and have fun.
milkii
Established Member

Re: Free Latin Trumpet SF2

Post by milkii »

Nice one. I would make an AUR entry, but I don't believe Google Drive hosted files can be sourced in PKGBUILDs. Might a mirror somewhere else be possible in future? Thanks!

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

Shupacabras
Established Member

Post by Shupacabras »

Hi.
Now I am a bit busy doing a great job modifying and improving my shows, but at any free time I will inform myself to do it because I don't know.
If you know how to do it and it doesn't take too long, you can distribute it.
Regards.
mirka
Established Member

Post by mirka »

Thanks, it's a beautiful one !
Shmoker
Established Member

Post by Shmoker »

Thanks for sharing, very nice!
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

Wow! thank you for sharing these. I've been searching high and low for trumpets like these. I appreciate it man. :D
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
- www.soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
TygerTung
Established Member

Post by TygerTung »

Slightly off topic, but I play the Soprano Cornet, and can get a reasonable tone. I can record this if anyone wants to make a sound font out of it. Just let me know what you would like me to play, and I can do it.

It sounds similar to a trumpet, but has a darker tone, but brighter than a Bb cornet.
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

Awesome!
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
- www.soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
IkeHaze

Post by IkeHaze »

TygerTung wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:52 pm Slightly off topic, but I play the Soprano Cornet, and can get a reasonable tone. I can record this if anyone wants to make a sound font out of it. Just let me know what you would like me to play, and I can do it.

It sounds similar to a trumpet, but has a darker tone, but brighter than a Bb cornet.
That would be so great. There are very few quality brass solo instrument soundfonts available. There is a Discord channel all about soundfonts and the SFZ format (which is actually the better, more flexible format, since it can use special opcodes to increase the realism in the sample playback). And I'm sure the very friendly and helpful guys over there are willing to advice and help you with the endeavor. I'll send you the link via PM.
TygerTung
Established Member

Post by TygerTung »

I was actually thinking about getting samples from a whole brass band as it would make it much nicer when doing an arrangement rather than listening to the terrible GM sound which don't reflect the actual makeup of a brass band.
IkeHaze

Post by IkeHaze »

TygerTung wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:28 am I was actually thinking about getting samples from a whole brass band as it would make it much nicer when doing an arrangement rather than listening to the terrible GM sound which don't reflect the actual makeup of a brass band.
Which would be great and useful too!