Spitfire Audio free sample libraries

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: Spitfire Audio free sample libraries

Post by Rainmak3r »

gennargiu wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm Hi but a version vst native gnu linux spitfire audio lab don't exist ? :roll:

gennaro
Not that I know of, no. That said, the windows versions do work out of the box for me with LinVST, so in Ardour too for instance.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Rainmak3r wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24 pm
gennargiu wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm Hi but a version vst native gnu linux spitfire audio lab don't exist ? :roll:

gennaro
Not that I know of, no. That said, the windows versions do work out of the box for me with LinVST, so in Ardour too for instance.
hi many thanks,I hope that in the near future they can develop a native vst version for gnu linux, excellent sample libraries :wink:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

@gennargiu
I hope that in the near future they can develop a native vst version for gnu linux,
As with most makers of proprietary software, the apparent market for Linux versions isn't likely to make the investment worthwhile. I have bought some of their instruments (BBCSO Core, the Originals series), and have gotten some good support from them for working around when a version of their library manager broke.

The best outcome would be to get them to open source the core software for their custom player (not the samples themselves). We could then help them get that working on Linux, which they might back in order to support their "get people all over the world started making music" mission.
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

hello, it would be a great idea and initiative, I don't know how practicable it is :roll: :wink:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

tavasti wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 pm For me that app fails on installing, 'Downloading additional files' fails to get vc_redist.x86.exe
Tried Spitfire labs now again, and downloading works. And even better, downloading sounds and using them work also :-D

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Poppadom

Post by Poppadom »

I've also just had great success installing the Spitfire Audio App and BBCSO Discover, in Wine. It all seems to be working perfectly at the moment (using Carla to bridge the VST):

Ubuntu 20.04.2
Wine 6.0
Spitfire Audio App 3.2.20
BBCSO Plugin 1.2.1
BBCSO Discover 1.2.0