Spitfire Audio currently has some free sample libraries available on it's website:
If you know, Spitfire Audio has some very good sample libraries especially for orchestration.
I was successfull to download and install the libraries on Linux (and already used them!)
Here is what I did (Ubuntu Studio 18.04):
- You need to register yourself on the website
- I downloaded the Spitfire Audio application and installed it under wine
- Clicking on the "Get" button of the free sample libraries (you need to be logged in on the web site) brings up a window with a Download button. Clicking on this button tries to open a link with the spitfire audio application, which is not registered, so this fails. But the sample library is added to your account
- Running the Spitfire Audio application under wine shows the selected libraries, which you can install (they are quite large). Simply click the install button for the libraries, they are downloaded and installed.
- After download and install of the sample libraries, you can run the Spitfire Audio VST plugin from within a host (I used Carla). The plugin was installed at
. I added this folder to the search path in Carla.
Code: Select all
~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VstPlugins/LABS (64 Bit).dll
Maybe this is helpful for somebody...
Ok, since there are problems with downloading the app do this:
Go to here: https://www.spitfireaudio.com/info/library-manager/, download the Windows Version and install it with wine (in my case a double click on the exe opened wine with it and installed correctly).