Versilian Community Sample Library

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby stanlea » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:40 am

How does Hise compile on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS derivatives ?

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby d.healey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:19 pm

stanlea wrote:How does Hise compile on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS derivatives ?

HISE auto-generates a makefile so it's easy to compile with a single command.

Try it for yourself - https://github.com/christophhart/HISE

Samulis wrote: I would note that HISE is still a work-in-progress

Isn't all good software? The day a piece of software is no longer being improved is the day it starts to become obsolete. HISE is now up to version 2 in the stable release branch, Hexeract and Neo-Soul keys were released when HISE was still around v1 so it's definitely up to the job of making finished products.

tavasti
Established Member
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 am
Location: Kangasala, Finland
Contact:

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby tavasti » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:48 am

Samulis wrote:I would note that HISE is still a work-in-progress

In software and biology, term 'stable' means same. Only stable state is dead. :-)
Linux veteran & Novice musician

Hear my music at https://audiu.net/users/tawaste

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby stanlea » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pm

d.healey wrote:
stanlea wrote:How does Hise compile on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS derivatives ?

HISE auto-generates a makefile so it's easy to compile with a single command.

Try it for yourself - https://github.com/christophhart/HISE



Thanks. Last time I tried it couldn't compile. Now I just had a problem while liking, the GL library was not in /usr/bin path. Corrected, now let's make a first try. :D

Lyberta
Established Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby Lyberta » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:14 pm

d.healey wrote:HISE auto-generates a makefile so it's easy to compile with a single command.


Make files are never easy to compile unless the call the package manager or become the package manager.

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby d.healey » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:16 pm

Lyberta wrote:
d.healey wrote:HISE auto-generates a makefile so it's easy to compile with a single command.


Make files are never easy to compile unless the call the package manager or become the package manager.

If you have built HISE from source then everything is setup and all I do is type make

Lyberta
Established Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby Lyberta » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 pm

d.healey wrote:If you have built HISE from source then everything is setup and all I do is type make


Does HISE use its own language?

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby d.healey » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Lyberta wrote:
d.healey wrote:If you have built HISE from source then everything is setup and all I do is type make


Does HISE use its own language?

Yes, HISE Script. The syntax is very similar to java script - in fact the file format is .js

Lyberta
Established Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby Lyberta » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 pm

d.healey wrote:Yes, HISE Script. The syntax is very similar to java script - in fact the file format is .js


Oh, okay then.

Musicteacher
Established Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby Musicteacher » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi,

I am just trying out the sfz version of vcsl.

I've loaded xylophone keyswitch into carla rack. Plays fine, sounds great, but how do I switch the articulation?

I have read the python script that generates them and thought that I had to press keys below the instrument-range (or up) do switch, but it does not work.

Maybe carla does not support sfz with keyswitch.

Please give me a hint!

Andreas

Musicteacher
Established Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:54 am

Re: Versilian Community Sample Library

Postby Musicteacher » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Ok, I've found out:

- it works in linuxsampler
- for the xylophone, the keys are c - c# - d below the playable notes

In linuxsampler, you hear nothing until you press some of those keys, so there is no default-layer it seems.

Sorry for being off-topic, this seems more a carla-issue than a vcsl - issue.

To get on-topic again: Which players do you use for vcsl? The keyswitches are needed for a live-context, splitting it to several channels won't help there. It seems that linuxsampler is my best option here, right?


Return to “Samplers & samples”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest