HISE

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: HISE

Post by stanlea »

I can't find any soundbank file for Hise. Are there some examples ?

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: HISE

Post by d.healey »

If you go to the main page - http://hise.audio/ - there is a link to some tutorials, I believe samples are provided with the tutorials. HISE isn't a virtual instrument though, it's a tool for making VSTi plugins so you won't find any soundbanks for it.
David Healey
Patreon - HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.

User avatar
GMaq
Established Member
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: HISE

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Interesting project! I cloned the repo but unfortunately I can't get the Linux version of Projucer to run, when I try to run it it gives me an 'Illegal Instruction' error, anyone else experiencing this?

Code: Select all

tester@avlinux64box:/media/DATA1/Packaging/HISE/HISE/tools/projucer$ ./Projucer
Illegal instruction
tester@avlinux64box:/media/DATA1/Packaging/HISE/HISE/tools/projucer$ 

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: HISE

Post by d.healey »

GMaq wrote:Interesting project! I cloned the repo but unfortunately I can't get the Linux version of Projucer to run
Which OS are you using?
David Healey
Patreon - HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.

User avatar
GMaq
Established Member
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: HISE

Post by GMaq »

d.healey wrote: Which OS are you using?
AV Linux which is a version of Debian 9 'Stretch' preconfigured and customized for Audio/Video work.

I can get the Windows exe of Projucer to run no problem in Wine, I only get the error with the Linux binary...?

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: HISE

Post by stanlea »

d.healey wrote:If you go to the main page - http://hise.audio/ - there is a link to some tutorials, I believe samples are provided with the tutorials. HISE isn't a virtual instrument though, it's a tool for making VSTi plugins so you won't find any soundbanks for it.
Maybe I don't understand well but there's a sampler in Hise, so maybe there are VSTi which are mainly a bunch of samples with some scripting ?
In other words, are there some instruments created with Hise ?

User avatar
Michael Willis
Established Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:27 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains, North America
Contact:

Re: HISE

Post by Michael Willis »

stanlea wrote:In other words, are there some instruments created with Hise ?
Hopefully soon, it's still very new, but a number of us are interested in creating instruments with Hise. I have another project that I really should wrap up, after which I want to try jumping in and using Hise to make virtual instruments.

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: HISE

Post by d.healey »

GMaq wrote:
d.healey wrote: Which OS are you using?
AV Linux which is a version of Debian 9 'Stretch' preconfigured and customized for Audio/Video work.

I can get the Windows exe of Projucer to run no problem in Wine, I only get the error with the Linux binary...?
Well I'm using Linux Mint which is also Debian based so I don't think the problem is the OS. Probably best to post on the HISE forum and see if Christoph has any suggestions.
stanlea wrote:
d.healey wrote:If you go to the main page - http://hise.audio/ - there is a link to some tutorials, I believe samples are provided with the tutorials. HISE isn't a virtual instrument though, it's a tool for making VSTi plugins so you won't find any soundbanks for it.
Maybe I don't understand well but there's a sampler in Hise, so maybe there are VSTi which are mainly a bunch of samples with some scripting ?
In other words, are there some instruments created with Hise ?
Yes there are instruments created with HISE. Commercially there is Hexeract by Auddict, and there is neo-soul keys (neither of which have yet been released for GNU/Linux). This guy has also started making some - http://sampleson.com/ - he's on a Mac though so the binaries are only for Mac, he's provided the source code and project files https://bitbucket.org/Filosian/sampleson_drums_free/src so you can build it yourself for your OS.
David Healey
Patreon - HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: HISE

Post by stanlea »

Interesting instruments indeed.

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: HISE

Post by d.healey »

GMaq wrote:
d.healey wrote: Which OS are you using?
AV Linux which is a version of Debian 9 'Stretch' preconfigured and customized for Audio/Video work.

I can get the Windows exe of Projucer to run no problem in Wine, I only get the error with the Linux binary...?
Christoph just posted a new version and mentioned something about juce_dsp typo so might be worth trying again
David Healey
Patreon - HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: HISE

Post by stanlea »

Code: Select all

bernard@portable:~/Téléchargements/HISE-1.5.0/projects/standalone/Builds/LinuxMa
kefile$ make CONFIG=release
mkdir: opérande manquant
Saisissez « mkdir --help » pour plus d'informations.
Makefile:134 : la recette pour la cible « /DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o » a échouée
make: [/DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o] Erreur 1 (ignorée)
Compiling DspUnitTests.cpp
../../../../hi_scripting/scripting/api/DspUnitTests.cpp:33:23: fatal error: AppConfig.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
compilation terminated.
Makefile:134 : la recette pour la cible « /DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o » a échouée
make: *** [/DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o] Erreur 1
Means "no target for mkdir"

User avatar
d.healey
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: HISE

Post by d.healey »

stanlea wrote:

Code: Select all

bernard@portable:~/Téléchargements/HISE-1.5.0/projects/standalone/Builds/LinuxMa
kefile$ make CONFIG=release
mkdir: opérande manquant
Saisissez « mkdir --help » pour plus d'informations.
Makefile:134 : la recette pour la cible « /DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o » a échouée
make: [/DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o] Erreur 1 (ignorée)
Compiling DspUnitTests.cpp
../../../../hi_scripting/scripting/api/DspUnitTests.cpp:33:23: fatal error: AppConfig.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
compilation terminated.
Makefile:134 : la recette pour la cible « /DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o » a échouée
make: *** [/DspUnitTests_8fd29654.o] Erreur 1
Means "no target for mkdir"
Yeah there's a bug in the latest build on github, it won't build for me either. I've told Christoph, I think it's just a typo somewhere.
David Healey
Patreon - HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.

User avatar
GMaq
Established Member
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: HISE

Post by GMaq »

d.healey wrote: Christoph just posted a new version and mentioned something about juce_dsp typo so might be worth trying again
Hi

I did a GIT pull but there were no new commits to the 'tools' folder so I'm still getting the same Illegal instruction error...

I've checked the file permissions and set the file to be executable etc. so I'm not sure what's going on, I'll wait and see for a few days..

User avatar
protein kyn
Established Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: HISE

Post by protein kyn »

GMaq wrote:
d.healey wrote: Christoph just posted a new version and mentioned something about juce_dsp typo so might be worth trying again
Hi

I did a GIT pull but there were no new commits to the 'tools' folder so I'm still getting the same Illegal instruction error...

I've checked the file permissions and set the file to be executable etc. so I'm not sure what's going on, I'll wait and see for a few days..
Hi
I've the same problem with KXstudio

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: HISE

Post by stanlea »

It works for me on Ubuntu 16.04

Post Reply