Final nbo version 0

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Final nbo version 0

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

I'm releasing the third and final update zip file for version 0 of the No Budget Orchestra (NBO). After this, I'll be releasing version 1 of NBO. If you have version 0, and add the 3 update files to it, then you effectively have version 1 of the entire orchestra. You don't need to download the new version of the entire orchestra again.

This update is significant. First, I found a new solo violin that sounds even better than the previous violins. And there were enough samples for me to simulate alternate bowing in the sfz instrument. So SoloViolin (one) has been updated. Along with this, I improved the violin ensemble, giving them a little fuller tone and presense.

Next is an improved solo cello. The preceding version had a strong low register, but a weak thin mid and upper. The new cello sounds good throughout its range. Also improved is the cello ensemble, addressing the slight intonation problems in the upper register.

There is now a solo piccolo. Also signicant improvements were made to the piccolo ensemble.

The (Iowa U) solo oboe has been replaced with a new oboe that has a better tone and is better played/sampled. Also improved is the oboe ensemble.

Finally, there's a new tenor sax that has a fuller, less harsh sound (and extended low note range to cover baritone). It blends nicely with the alto sax (which covers soprano range).

The torrent server I've been using is down right now, so just a wikisend link.

http://wikisend.com/download/751126/nbo_0_update_3.zip

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

English Guy
Established Member

Re: Final nbo version 0

Post by English Guy »

Thank you, just starting to explore these, looks awesome
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

Can I put a link to NBO site? I don't think there will be much changes.
English Guy
Established Member

Post by English Guy »

Is there a way to load the whole thing and then choose the instruments as you do with the large sf2 sound fonts?
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

I don't think so.
nils
Established Member

Post by nils »

English Guy wrote:Is there a way to load the whole thing and then choose the instruments as you do with the large sf2 sound fonts?
...working on it...
English Guy
Established Member

Post by English Guy »

NilsGey wrote:
English Guy wrote:Is there a way to load the whole thing and then choose the instruments as you do with the large sf2 sound fonts?
...working on it...
Brilliant. Then it is possible to have an Ardour template with it all loaded in a midi bus.