AVL-Drumkits

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

AVL-Drumkits

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

I've done some more work and improvements on my existing drumkit libraries and added a completely new one called 'The Red Zeppelin' so I decided to create a webpage with the details:
http://bandshed.net/avldrumkits/index.html

Hope y'all find these useful, H2 updated kits should be up by this weekend...

Thanks to rockhopper for the handy SFZ creation scripts and JeffG for some tweaks to make them better..
bluebell
Established Member

Re: AVL-Drumkits

Post by bluebell »

Thanks, man. Combining the sfz stuff in one AVL_Drumkits folder is a good idea.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Thanks bluebell,

Hey I've been waiting to hear some more music from you! Got any new tracks on the way ?
bluebell
Established Member

Post by bluebell »

I am still fighting with the lyrics :)

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

OK,

The hydrogen kits are now up, please note that if you've used previous versions of the Black Pearl Hydrogen kits that the keymapping has changed a little, specifically by grouping the cymbals together more logically and putting all the RotoToms at the bottom, there is also a new 'Ride Shank' which emulates hitting the ride cymbal like a crash cymbal and a 'Ride Choke'. I have also derived all the ride cymbal samples from one ride cymbal which provides 4 different ways of using the same ride cymbal which gives a total of 20 potential samples to use for one cymbal.

Next up.. I will re-visit the 'GimmeAHand' kit for use with acoustic instruments and improve the Cajon, Bongo and percussion Samples and create multiple library formats of it as well..
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

hey Glen, what about a DrumGizmo kit?
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi funk,

A few things holding me back on that... first of all I would need to re-record both kits fully with many more mics, secondly they are working on their own editor to create DrumGizmo kits which I'm waiting for them to either finish or re-release (they've pulled it from DrumGizmo for now). And thirdly I personally don't/can't use DrumGizmo because the existing kits are so huge they either take more physical RAM than I even have (I run old iron) or they take up so much RAM that I can't use other sample libs etc while I'm using my DAW's which kind of limits my interest in it however another great feature they are working on is disk-streaming the samples like linuxsampler does so they don't all have to go in your RAM...

You won't meet nicer guys than the DG devs and they are working hard on a plugin with amazing potential but until it becomes easier to create their format I think the size of kits and RAM requirements currently are limiting for some users. I told them at LAC last year that I would get them a great sounding kit under 1 Gb.. so far I haven't delivered but once they get their editor more complete I hope to revisit the issue and provide DrumGizmo versions
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

GMaq wrote:Hi funk,

A few things holding me back on that... first of all I would need to re-record both kits fully with many more mics, secondly they are working on their own editor to create DrumGizmo kits which I'm waiting for them to either finish or re-release (they've pulled it from DrumGizmo for now). And thirdly I personally don't/can't use DrumGizmo because the existing kits are so huge they either take more physical RAM than I even have (I run old iron) or they take up so much RAM that I can't use other sample libs etc while I'm using my DAW's which kind of limits my interest in it however another great feature they are working on is disk-streaming the samples like linuxsampler does so they don't all have to go in your RAM...

You won't meet nicer guys than the DG devs and they are working hard on a plugin with amazing potential but until it becomes easier to create their format I think the size of kits and RAM requirements currently are limiting for some users. I told them at LAC last year that I would get them a great sounding kit under 1 Gb.. so far I haven't delivered but once they get their editor more complete I hope to revisit the issue and provide DrumGizmo versions
yeah man, the kits are huge..
can't wait till you're able to get them the kit once the changes take place.. Your kits to me sound sweet!! :D
Scary Hallo
Established Member

Post by Scary Hallo »

What does the extension *4pc and *5pc mean?
varpa
Established Member

Post by varpa »

I'm pretty sure pc = piece, ie. how many different drums are in the set. The kits are described here: http://bandshed.net/avldrumkits/index.html
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Scary Hallo wrote:What does the extension *4pc and *5pc mean?
As varpa said

4pc is 'pieces' so 4pc=kick, snare, tom, floor tom
5pc has an extra tom in the case of the Black Pearl and an extra floor tom in the case of the Red Zep.