Creating Layers in a Soundfont ?

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

Creating Layers in a Soundfont ?

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

I'm working on a large set of 5 velocity layer samples per kitpiece from my own drumkit that I will be posting here soon hopefully completely finished as the samples themselves, an H2 kit, SFZ and also a Soundfont2. I have some experience dating back to my Windows days creating Soundfonts (Awave Studio and V-Sampler) but I've never created a multi-layered one, this is fairly easy in the H2 and SFZ formats but I don't know to do it in an SF2 editor. I'm planning on using Polyphone which is a bit more polished than Swami and also has better docs, however multi-layering is not explicitly covered. Anyone have any pointers ?, a few Googles have not really given me a direct answer, even if I could find out what part of the Soundfont tree layering is done in (ie Instruments or Presets) would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Creating Layers in a Soundfont ?

Post by GMaq »

OK, some more reading did the trick..

It appears as though mapping all the samples of an individual kit piece to a key and then assigning different velocity range values for each sample is the way to get velocity layering with multiple samples to work.