G&S CW Drum Kits - SFZ

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

AnthonyCFox
Established Member

G&S CW Drum Kits - SFZ

Post by AnthonyCFox »

I think I tried to install these kits a year ago and I couldn't figure it out from the wiki http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/soundfo ... #drum_kits

There were a couple of problems. After unzipping, the next file is gzipped and needs a .gz extension added to the file name. Then the next file is tarred and needs a .tar extension added.

On top of that, the sfz files aren't included, but there is an xml file in there, just to make things more confusing. The next bullet point down on the wiki is where you get the sfz files.

I edited the wiki, hopefully making it easy for the next person who tries to get them. I think they are excellent. :D (And, now I don't need Hydrogen to use them!)
War, crime, disease, starvation, extreme poverty; these are serious things.
Music? Not so serious. Have some fun! :D
varpa
Established Member

Re: G&S CW Drum Kits - SFZ

Post by varpa »

I think you had so much trouble with the G&S CW Drum Kits is because those links unzip to Hydrogen drumkits (e.g. GSCW-1.h2drumkit) which are meant to be used with Hydrogen. Hydrogen drumkits are themselves gziped so your instructions amount to un-gzipping the Hydrogen kits to extract the samples. Hydrogen ungzips these files when you load them into a Hydrogen, creating directories with the samples.
AnthonyCFox
Established Member

Re: G&S CW Drum Kits - SFZ

Post by AnthonyCFox »

varpa wrote:I think you had so much trouble with the G&S CW Drum Kits is because those links unzip to Hydrogen drumkits (e.g. GSCW-1.h2drumkit) which are meant to be used with Hydrogen. Hydrogen drumkits are themselves gziped so your instructions amount to un-gzipping the Hydrogen kits to extract the samples. Hydrogen ungzips these files when you load them into a Hydrogen, creating directories with the samples.
Ah well, that explains the xml file in there, the lack of the expected file extensions and, of course, the .h2drumkit extension (which did seem weird at the time).

The wiki promised sfz drumkits, and now I think the directions are clear enough that most anyone wanting that will be satisfied.
War, crime, disease, starvation, extreme poverty; these are serious things.
Music? Not so serious. Have some fun! :D