Austrian Audio's PolarDesigner

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Hey, is it possible to port this to Linux?

Code: Select all

According to the website:

Code: Select all

Austrian Audio's PolarDesigner open-source plug-in is a post-production dream come true. Optimised for use with our OC818 large-diaphragm condenser microphone working in dual-output mode, PolarDesigner gives engineers and producers more creative freedom and control than they've ever had before. And—it's free!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrlsqG3dZSo&t=239s

This seem to be quite handy tool.
Kott
Established Member

Re: Austrian Audio's PolarDesigner

Post by Kott »

It's very possible If you know how to compile with JUCE Projucer https://github.com/AustrianAudioGmbH/PolarDesigner
I thought that these plugins are only useful for their mics.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Austrian Audio's PolarDesigner

Post by funkmuscle »

Kott wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:10 am It's very possible If you know how to compile with JUCE Projucer https://github.com/AustrianAudioGmbH/PolarDesigner
I thought that these plugins are only useful for their mics.
That's what I thought but I checked on their site and they said it doesn't have to be done with their microphones it could be any microphones as long as it's two tracks or something like that they were saying. I can't remember exactly because I'm doing this on my phone and I'm not at a computer right now but the software runs in wine and I don't have that expensive microphone but I used it on a dual guitar track and it works really well. I guess if you're using IR cabinets and you're trying to blend two guitar sounds to make it one, it does an amazing job on that.

And still even though it's just for their microphones, why should we sit back and look at Linux as the lesser of those other platforms? I figure if they can do it or if they can have it, so can we.

EDIT:
Ok home now so this is From a review:
Works with any dual-channel recording

The great news is that Polar Designer is not exclusive to the Austrian Audio OC818 microphone. It works with any dual-output mic, or any dual-channel recording, for that matter. That leaves room for many creative experiments. Although I only have a vague idea right now of what it would do to various signals, I’m excited to find out more. While Austrian Audio conceived Polar Designer as a microphone tool, it may also be useful as a one-of-a-kind effect, especially since the polar pattern adjustments can be automated in the DAW.