BlueLab Audio Plugins

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

occulkot
Established Member

BlueLab Audio Plugins

Post by occulkot »

It looks like BlueLab in its last breath released full archive of linux plugins:
https://bluelab-plugs.com/

Didnt had chance to test it yet.
sunrat
Established Member

Re: BlueLab Audio Plugins

Post by sunrat »

I wonder what this means?
The following current beta versions are advanced but won’t be usable on any configuration.
The Linux pack is 1.4GB! I'm downloading it as I'm interested to try the Denoiser, but that's a very big file for a handful of plugins.

A little later - downloaded. It decompresses to 4GB! There are 27 plugins in both VST2 and VST3 formats. The Denoiser vst3 is 125MB alone. Will try some later.

Much later - I loaded the VST3 versions of Rebalance, Sine, and Wav3s in Carla. They all appeared but the GUI would not show completely ie. the window cut off a large portion and resizing didn't help. None of these seemed to work at all. The Sine plugin is a simple sine wave generator which made no sound. Shame as some of them looked quite interesting.
Tried the VST2 versions. GUI showed fully but Rebalance and Wav3s are supposed to show spectrograms but didn't and controls were unresponsive and no processing was apparent. I did get a sweepable sine wave out of Sine at least after turning up the "Monitor" knob.
The Denoiser seemed to work fine. It's similar to the Audacity plugin but I'm not sure if it's better. Haven't tried the VST3 version yet.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

didn't test it much, interesting that plugins are written with iPlug
polk9
Established Member

Post by polk9 »

I began to test some plugins, seems really awesome ! Especially mix tools and visualizers.
However, I didn't manage to find if it's open source, or GPL, or proprietary license...
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

polk9 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 pm I began to test some plugins, seems really awesome ! Especially mix tools and visualizers.
However, I didn't manage to find if it's open source, or GPL, or proprietary license...
Did you test VST2 or VST3 versions? What graphics device and driver are you using?
I'm using Nvidia GTX970 with nvidia driver. None of the VST3 GUIs displayed correctly and spectrograms didn't work for VST2 versions. I only tested 4 of the plugins so far though.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

There are some excellent plugins here. The stereo width one is amazing. They all seem to work for me using the VST2 versions with AMD.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

I wonder if we could talk them into releasing their source code with an agreeable license, it would be a shame for all of that work to disappear. We could give these plugins a rebirth as free software.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

I wrote them using the contact form on their support page, asking if they had any opinion about releasing the source code to the end-of-life plugins.
nd-sd

Post by nd-sd »

@Michael Willis Oops, the contact form seems to have failed... May we talk here by pm?
j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

Michael,

Nils is in charge of forking other people's projects. Did you clear this with him?

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

nd-sd wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:02 pm @Michael Willis Oops, the contact form seems to have failed... May we talk here by pm?
Yes please, certainly!
Xenoslyce
Established Member

Post by Xenoslyce »

1. Has anyone managed to get in contact with the developer about open sourcing this?

2. Does anyone have a mirror of the Linux versions of the plugins? I only got a chance to download the Windows versions
"I make music that sounds like Yeezus in a blender, and that's all you need to know"
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Xenoslyce wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:29 am 1. Has anyone managed to get in contact with the developer about open sourcing this?

2. Does anyone have a mirror of the Linux versions of the plugins? I only got a chance to download the Windows versions
+1
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

http://web.archive.org/web/202201040028 ... plugs.com/

Looks like you can right click > save link as.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

sysrqer wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:37 am http://web.archive.org/web/202201040028 ... plugs.com/

Looks like you can right click > save link as.
Hmmm,

I've tried to pull these down at least 5 times and every time the download stops dead at 936 Mb... Anyone else having any luck??