Let's collect community Vitalium presets under libre licenses!

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Basslint
Established Member

Re: Let's collect community Vitalium presets under libre licenses!

Post by Basslint »

tavasti wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:54 am
Basslint wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:12 am Hi, just wanted to tell everybody that I closed the repo because my commitments did not leave me any time to maintain this project. Also, to tell you the truth I was not convinced about licensing issues and accepting only CC0 was a diplomatic solution which I really did not agree with (why should people renounce to authorship?), so I asked for someone else to step in and maintain the repo before March 7th (deadline for deletion). Nobody did, so I went ahead and deleted it.
1) Don't see any message where you are asking someone to take this repo?
2) Why to delete, you could let it be, just putting message 'this is unmaintained'. Then anybody could fork it, and continue work. And also collect stuff from other forks of the repo.

There is huge number of projects that have been abandoned, but then continued later by someone else. And specially for project like this, no need to update it for security holes, etc.
1) I posted the message on the official bug tracker. Sorry if I forgot to post it here :?
2) The repo was empty with no forks. That's why it's better if I let someone else start it from scratch
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Let's collect community Vitalium presets under libre licenses!

Post by tavasti »

Basslint wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:58 am 1) I posted the message on the official bug tracker. Sorry if I forgot to post it here :?
2) The repo was empty with no forks. That's why it's better if I let someone else start it from scratch
Ah, ok, if repo was empty, then it does not hurt.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM