LSP Plugins, unresponsive

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

lilith
Established Member

LSP Plugins, unresponsive

Post by lilith »

I'm using the latest LSP plugins in Ubuntustudio most of the time in Carla 2.1.0 (from the Ubuntu respos). I'm sometimes having some issues that boxes become unresponsive and that I have to close and reopen the plugin, which sometimes works, but also not always.

For instance here it can happen that it's not possible anymore to chose the tolerance by clicking on it with the mouse.

Scroll wheel on the other hand still works. Affected are the VST and LV2 plugins.

I checked it in Reaper and there it is working.
GMaq
Established Member

Re: LSP Plugins, unresponsive

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Just curious why are you using these in Carla instead of just directly in a DAW? Also Carla 2.1 is quite old now, better to get Carla right from the KX Studio repos where falkTX develops it.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

I load jconvolver into Carla for doing DRC (http://drc-fir.sourceforge.net/doc/drc.html) and route the sound from the browser to the spectrum analyzer, etc. to check other recordings. I just tried the latest version and it seems to work better. I just wonder how to install it as there's no installation option. Is it necessary to also deinstall the carla-data package?
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Well,

I would suggest adding the KXStudio Repository, it is a perfectly safe PPA for Ubuntu and Debian Users and has been for many years, then you will simply upgrade all your Carla-related packages to the latest versions safely through the Package Manager. I'm kind of dumbfounded someone with your level of talent and production isn't already getting Plugins etc. through the KXStudio Repos, they are the perfect complement to Ubuntu Studio.

https://kx.studio/Repositories
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

GMaq wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 am Well,

I would suggest adding the KXStudio Repository, it is a perfectly safe PPA for Ubuntu and Debian Users and has been for many years, then you will simply upgrade all your Carla-related packages to the latest versions safely through the Package Manager. I'm kind of dumbfounded someone with your level of talent and production isn't already getting Plugins etc. through the KXStudio Repos, they are the perfect complement to Ubuntu Studio.

https://kx.studio/Repositories
It's not compatible as written here

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1248056 ... ntu-studio

Found a better solution and will reply later. :)
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

You can use LSP plugins as standalone. I use LSP PEQ for room correction started from Qjackctl start script like this:

Code: Select all

lsp-plugins-para-equalizer-x16-lr -c /home/roger/audio/LSP/ParaEQ-x16LR0308.cfg
that starts the EQ with the saved config, and connection is saved in Qjackctl Patchbay.
No plugin host necessary.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

sunrat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:53 am You can use LSP plugins as standalone. I use LSP PEQ for room correction started from Qjackctl start script like this:

Code: Select all

lsp-plugins-para-equalizer-x16-lr -c /home/roger/audio/LSP/ParaEQ-x16LR0308.cfg
that starts the EQ with the saved config, and connection is saved in Qjackctl Patchbay.
No plugin host necessary.
I'm using the jack plugins now and also switched from Carla to RaySession, which handles all connections very nicely.