mixbus 32c channel strip

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

mixbus 32c channel strip

Post by funkmuscle »

Dunno if y'all saw this and if this is the right section as I'm not marketing this but sharing an idea.
https://gearspace.com/board/new-product ... -vst3.html

Now with this plugin and some airwindows plugins, you can turn Ardour and in fact, any other DAW into a Mixbus32c clone.
tavasti
Established Member

Re: mixbus 32c channel strip

Post by tavasti »

funkmuscle wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:21 pm Now with this plugin and some airwindows plugins, you can turn Ardour and in fact, any other DAW into a Mixbus32c clone.
I don't think you even need those airwindows-plugins, plain that plugin is enough.

What you would be missing is nice UI for mixing. For me, cheaper Mixbus (not 32C) is perfect. And from discount, you get it cheaper than that plugin :-)

But for getting mixbus sound on some other DAW, for that it might be great.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

Just FYI: I've bought it and had some problems with the GUI not showing. (See https://discourse.ardour.org/t/harrison ... dow/106298.)

You probably should try the demo before buying, but I could make it work with by running

Code: Select all

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
in the same terminal that I use to start Ardour (or Carla). I assume it works with other DAWs too.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

I have Mixbus32c so no need to buy the plugin but I do have other AVA plugins and an Intel video card so yep, that script is necessary.
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

finotti wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:42 am Just FYI: I've bought it and had some problems with the GUI not showing. (See https://discourse.ardour.org/t/harrison ... dow/106298.)

You probably should try the demo before buying, but I could make it work with by running

Code: Select all

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
in the same terminal that I use to start Ardour (or Carla). I assume it works with other DAWs too.
I have the same problem using the i915 Intel driver. Setting MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE shows the GUI, which is nice, but it's still a bit sluggish.
Out of curiosity I tried the WinVST version using WINE and LinVST, it works flawessly, far much better than the LxVST, which i find rather odd.
rutsch
Established Member

Post by rutsch »

Yes, same here. The plugin GUI works great on Linux with a Nvidia card and is sluggish on Linux with an Intel card (i915). I hope they will fix it.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

rutsch wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:53 pm Yes, same here. The plugin GUI works great on Linux with a Nvidia card and is sluggish on Linux with an Intel card (i915). I hope they will fix it.
Yeah me too....
rutsch
Established Member

Post by rutsch »

There is a workaround to force to a specific MESA_GL version: https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thre ... l#pid57404
The drawback is the analyzers don't work.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Haha!

I downloaded the 32bit Linux demo of this and tried it in EnergyXT 2.7 and by gum it works!! :lol:

Harrison channel strip in EnergyXT... so impressed I bought it!

funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

GMaq wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:13 pm Haha!

I downloaded the 32bit Linux demo of this and tried it in EnergyXT 2.7 and by gum it works!! :lol:

Harrison channel strip in EnergyXT... so impressed I bought it!

Glen, do you notice a tonal difference compared to other EQs? I mean for instance, I'd track in Reaper and Ardour and mix in Mixbus32C.As soon as I've imported the tracks into 32C, without any EQing etc, I hear a major difference
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hey there!

TBH I only use Ardour and eXT a bit here and there.. I love Mixbus32C but I'm so used to a workflow with Ardour that I rarely need to use it. I can't really answer your question because I don't use Reaper or Mixbus enough to comment..
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

GMaq wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:38 pm Hey there!

TBH I only use Ardour and eXT a bit here and there.. I love Mixbus32C but I'm so used to a workflow with Ardour that I rarely need to use it. I can't really answer your question because I don't use Reaper or Mixbus enough to comment..
Oh ok.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

As always, with most things, take this with a grain of salt, but this showed up in YouTube for me HARRISON 32C CHANNEL STRIP PLUGIN || Analog emulation or classic plugin endorsement marketing??

Despite some attempt in being funny in the beginning, it seems to make some very good points and, if we can trust what we see, it's hard to argue with the results.

Ultimately, each should decide for themselves. You can download the trial and test it yourself before buying it.

I've already bought the plugin myself (as I mention above), but haven't tried it yet. If nothing else, it is giving money to a company that supports Linux and contributes to Ardour. So I can live with it, even if it is just like any digital EQ and compressor...
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

Some more info, from Dan Worrall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9eySYxwDXI
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

A lot of the times these YouTubers are sponsored by other companies so I don't trust too much on what they say no matter if it's a good review or a bad. The best thing to do is try the demo and if you like it you buy it if you don't you leave it.