CollaB3 - installing to Manjaro (arch)

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pax-eterna
Established Member

CollaB3 - installing to Manjaro (arch)

Post by pax-eterna »

I cannot get this CollB3 .sh file to run in Manjaro - also tried searching to try and use the .pkg file but no joy there either.

I tried running the .sh file (even under sudo) but all I get is, well, nothing - not even an error message.

Can anyone please advise the correct procedure for eiother method in Manjaro?

Thanks
sunrat
Established Member

Re: CollaB3 - installing to Manjaro (arch)

Post by sunrat »

First you need to make the .sh file executable:

Code: Select all

$ chmod +x CollaB3-Installer-1.0.0.sh
Then run it:

$ ./CollaB3-Installer-1.0.0.sh
It will ask you to accept the licence (GPL), then location to install plugin. I installed it as user to /home/<user>/.vst , then it asks location to install standalone version, I used /home/<user>/bin/ . Probably these locations need to exist already, and don't elevate privileges with su or sudo when installing as user.
I tried the VST plugin in Carla where it appeared immediately after scanning for new plugins. Loaded it and connected my keyboard in QJackctl and it worked well and sounds pretty good.
Curiously it has a "COVID-19" tab in its menu bar which links to an info site. It crashed Carla when I tried to resize the GUI.
There are several other decent organs available for Linux, namely Aeolus and SetBFree.
pax-eterna
Established Member

Re: CollaB3 - installing to Manjaro (arch)

Post by pax-eterna »

sunrat wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:24 am First you need to make the .sh file executable:

$ chmod +x CollaB3-Installer-1.0.0.sh
Then run it:

$ ./CollaB3-Installer-1.0.0.sh
It will ask you to accept the licence (GPL), then location to install plugin. I installed it as user to /home/<user>/.vst , then it asks location to install standalone version, I used /home/<user>/bin/ . Probably these locations need to exist already, and don't elevate privileges with su or sudo when installing as user.
I tried the VST plugin in Carla where it appeared immediately after scanning for new plugins. Loaded it and connected my keyboard in QJackctl and it worked well and sounds pretty good.
Curiously it has a "COVID-19" tab in its menu bar which links to an info site. It crashed Carla when I tried to resize the GUI.
There are several other decent organs available for Linux, namely Aeolus and SetBFree.
'

Ahh ok thanks, I must admit to not finding those in my searches!

And my thanks for the instruction that got it working!