How to run Bristol Synthesizers as e.g. LV2 plugin?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

How to run Bristol Synthesizers as e.g. LV2 plugin?

Post by TAERSH »

Hi.

Is there any chance to run Bristol Synthesizers as e.g. LV2, VST, DSSI or LADSPA plugin?
LAM
Established Member

Re: How to run Bristol Synthesizers as e.g. LV2 plugin?

Post by LAM »

Not possible at the moment, Bristol is only standalone, and I wasn't able to run it in Carla as such.
There is a DPF and C++ port in the working, it means that if it goes well we'll have Bristol as plugins too, but this will not happen tomorrow. :wink:

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

No offense to the Bristol developer but don't we have tons of further developed choices now? As I recall the models vary significantly in realism to the hardware they emulate, some were quite good, some like the Hammond B3 were not.. This feels kind of like digging up 'Jamin' as a mastering plugin, it was the only game in town in it's time but now there are dozens and dozens of better choices..
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

@GMaq
In the early days mainly I used Qtractor plus some standalone synthesizers like mostly ZynAddSubFx and Yoshimi. A few songs are composed by the use of some of the Bristol Synthesizers. At these days -until the beginning of 2020- I never used synthesizers by its plugins per channel/track - except on Rosegarden in 2010 where I used to use the DSSI synthesizers. Mastering to stereo always was done by playing a song and recording it into Audacity via JACK mixer.

I found my way to the use of plugin synthesizers thanks to some of our members in the beginning of 2020...

For a few weeks now I'm re-editing songs from 2017 to the end of 2019 to change its tracks in Qtractor to use e.g. Yoshimi by its LV2 plugin version instead of the standalone version. Just hoped this would be somehow possible for Bristol as well.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Well that makes sense, best of luck with your re-edits!