Faust IDE

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

LinMusGuy
Established Member

Faust IDE

Post by LinMusGuy »

I have been experimenting with the online Faust IDE somewhat. This one: https://faustide.grame.fr/

But I have some problems with the generated plugins, some work on my Linux Mint 19.3 computer but a lot don't. I like to know if the plugins generated by the online Faust IDE run well for other members here. I'm interested in particular in the Linux LV2-64bits-Qt5 versions. Can anybody here give it a try?
barbouze
Established Member

Re: Faust IDE

Post by barbouze »

Hi!
I've managed just a few minute ago to compile the clarinet demo to the target you indicated and it shows and run in Carla without a problem.
Do you have a specific example of dsp code that doesn't work so that I could try here?
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Thank you! Yes that one works on my computer also. I have done a completely new installation of Linux Mint and Carla now, so we'll see what happens next. The following one works in Carla except for its MIDI input, could you try that one?

clarinetMIDI.png
clarinetMIDI.png (24.77 KiB) Viewed 1543 times

For the Windows VST and VSTi the MIDI inputs works in Carla but there are no GUI's.
barbouze
Established Member

Post by barbouze »

You're right, there is no MIDI processed. I also tested this patch in Faust IDE and even if I see incoming MIDI events, there's no sound produced.
It could be that this example is outdated, you should report this either in the Faust users mailing list or on Github. Are your troubles related to MIDI only?
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Thank you for testing. Some plugins from Faust IDE don't show a GUI, for some MIDI doesn't work, and some are not recognized as plugins at all. Happily some other plugins from FaustIDE work OK. As tested in Carla.

For instance MIDI works in Carla (one note at a time) for this plugin (= ClarinetMIDI):
export.png
export.png (19.95 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
But there is no GUI. However the parameters can be adjusted here:
no-gui.png
no-gui.png (38.45 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
barbouze
Established Member

Post by barbouze »

Once again, you should report this to the Faust community. You have a specific and reproducible case that could lead to improvements for everyone :wink:
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Well - I will have to see how that works then. I took a look before, but saw that it is in the form of a mailing list, and I have no experience with that.

OK - I have notified the Faust community just now.