Novation and Seq24...match?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

OccinticLady
Established Member

Novation and Seq24...match?

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
The title says it all: could I use a novation mini mark2 with Seq24?
So far, it needs to be pointed out, I had no luck feeding the Seq24 with MIDI data from a controller (the keyboard)...
I'm not in panic yet, as this is a "nice to have" rarther than a "must have". But when it comes to buyng a (second hand) novation...it needs to be a "must have", of course.
Thanks for meditating with me
Melissa
Edit : I found how to input MIDI: in File there is "option", there you need to check the (connected) device...niceeee :D
LAM
Established Member

Re: Novation and Seq24...match?

Post by LAM »

In Seq66 there is support for the Novation Launchpad Mini: https://github.com/ahlstromcj/seq66/blo ... nchpad.txt

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

ahlstromcj
Established Member

Re: Novation and Seq24...match?

Post by ahlstromcj »

There is a whole section on Seq66 and the LaunchPad here:

https://ahlstromcj.github.io/docs/seq66 ... manual.pdf

A canned 'ctrl' file is provided with the installi, it sets up automation controls and display messages:

qseq66-lp-mini-alt.ctrl

The layout(s) are explained in this spreadsheet:

launchpad-mini.ods

It's a little bit tricky to set up. One disadvantage with Seq66 (and Seq24) is that it sees only the ports that existed when it was started. Still trying to figure out how to scan for ports added during a run (in JACK). Anyway, I always end up monkeying around a bit to get both control and output ports correct for the Launchpad.

Also, depending on one's controller, one might need to define a macro (in the 'ctrl' file) and send it to the device to put it into some kind of command mode.