Drum and Sampletank plugins for Linux?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pax-eterna
Established Member

Drum and Sampletank plugins for Linux?

Post by pax-eterna »

I have just had word back from Addictive Drums that their installer will not run in Linux, even under WINE, so I am looking for suggestions for a Linux equivalent to it, AD2 I mean.

The other MUST have for me is Sampletank (in this case 4) but I cannot find anything even remotely like it. Again looking for suggestions for a replacement for this as well.

Thanks
rghvdberg
Established Member

Re: Drum and Sampletank plugins for Linux?

Post by rghvdberg »

There's no alternative to those plugins.
MT powerkit 2 (drum plugin) works fine in wine and in the past I have done the same with Sampletank.
Check yabridge for running windows vst plugins.
https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabridge

Ftr, I am working on a drum plugin but that's gonna take probably a year or so.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

pax-eterna wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:42 pm I have just had word back from Addictive Drums that their installer will not run in Linux, even under WINE, so I am looking for suggestions for a Linux equivalent to it, AD2 I mean.
I am not familiar with Addictive Drums, but for drum plugins there is two options I use:
* DrumGizmo, opensource, native option. With drum kit licensing there is some challenges: some kits require attribution, and for releasing music in spotify, that is impossible.
* Ugritone drum plugins work ok with wine. Their KVLT II has many drum kits, and I mostly use that
pax-eterna wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:42 pm The other MUST have for me is Sampletank (in this case 4) but I cannot find anything even remotely like it. Again looking for suggestions for a replacement for this as well.
Sampletank most likely works. IK Product manager does not work, but at their website under your products there is button 'Past Releases' where you can download installer directly, and that works. I cannot be 100% sure because I have just free version, and haven't downloaded content for it, and 180 day limit for downloading content had gone (and I am not willing to pay 10€ for that)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

pax-eterna
Established Member

Post by pax-eterna »

@tavasti thanks for that, I might give that option a try, haha recently had cause to update my 180 cycle so good to go on that score.

Yeah losing AD2 is a bug! It is a terrific drum app...still it seems there may be alternatives.

@rghvdberg thanks too, I'll have a look at those and thanks for the link! Cool you are developing one! Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of this stuff for Linux is going grow at an exponential rate over the next while.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

tavasti wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 am Sampletank most likely works. IK Product manager does not work, but at their website under your products there is button 'Past Releases' where you can download installer directly, and that works. I cannot be 100% sure because I have just free version, and haven't downloaded content for it, and 180 day limit for downloading content had gone (and I am not willing to pay 10€ for that)
Ok, because I had free version, I just registered new user, and downloaded content. Sampletank verified to be working.

pax-eterna
Established Member

Post by pax-eterna »

tavasti wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:33 pm
tavasti wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 am Sampletank most likely works. IK Product manager does not work, but at their website under your products there is button 'Past Releases' where you can download installer directly, and that works. I cannot be 100% sure because I have just free version, and haven't downloaded content for it, and 180 day limit for downloading content had gone (and I am not willing to pay 10€ for that)
Ok, because I had free version, I just registered new user, and downloaded content. Sampletank verified to be working.
Excellent, thanks! That was ST4, yes? Oh and VST 2 or 3?
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

pax-eterna wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 pm Excellent, thanks! That was ST4, yes? Oh and VST 2 or 3?
Standalone, vst2 and vst3, all work.

pax-eterna
Established Member

Post by pax-eterna »

oh very good, that's great. Thanks again for doing that...it's now sorta making me feel a little easier about making the jump. Just sussing out elementary os, as I do like a mac style interface...and it is a very small install so I can load it up with what I actually need...just researching how it sits with the whole WINE series (you know, WINE Wine-gecko wine-mono etc)