Korg M1 VST in LInux?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

A350
Established Member

Korg M1 VST in LInux?

Post by A350 »

I wanted to install VST KORG M1 on Linux, but I can't get it with wine on Debian 10.

Could someone tell me if it is possible?

Thanks
robbert-vdh
Established Member

Re: Korg M1 VST in LInux?

Post by robbert-vdh »

A350 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 pm I wanted to install VST KORG M1 on Linux, but I can't get it with wine on Debian 10.

Thanks
(there's a Running non-linux software section for Wine-related things)

I don't use the plugin myself, but from what I've heard you need an older installer for the plugins. Korg switched to this Software Pass DRM thing which from what I've heard doesn't run well under Wine, but they will still send you the regular installer for the plugin if you know where to ask. The only thing is, that I don't know exactly where that might be. I've seen a few people discuss this on the yabridge Discord, so you can try asking/searching there (I would search for you, but I'm in the middle of something atm).

EDIT: Ok it was easier to find than I thought it would be! I did a quick search for you and I found this being linked: https//www.korguser.net If you need any more assistance trying to get it installed, then you can still try asking the people actually using the synth there.
A350
Established Member

Post by A350 »

OK, yabridge I find it a bit complicated to install in Debian.
robbert-vdh
Established Member

Post by robbert-vdh »

A350 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 pm OK, yabridge I find it a bit complicated to install in Debian.
What issues did you have with installing yabridge? The readme should be fairly clear at this point, but it will always be a work in progress so let me know if anything's still unclear!
A350
Established Member

Post by A350 »

there is no binary to install ? i copied the yarbridge folder in my .local/share but from there i don't know what else to do
robbert-vdh
Established Member

Post by robbert-vdh »

A350 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm there is no binary to install ? i copied the yarbridge folder in my .local/share but from there i don't know what else to do
Did you read the usage section of the readme including the automatic setup section? After extracting yabridge-3.1.0-ubuntu-18.04.tar.gz to ~/.local/share (you need the -ubuntu-18.04 version for Debian 10), you'll find yabridgectl at ~/.local/share/yabridge/yabridgectl, and the automatic setup section of the readme will walk you through how to use that to set up your plugins.
A350
Established Member

Post by A350 »

OK, I will try, thank you very much!
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

A350 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 pm I wanted to install VST KORG M1 on Linux, but I can't get it with wine on Debian 10.

Thanks
I would like to try that Korg M1 PlugIn. Where to download?
Toejam76
Established Member

Post by Toejam76 »

I can confirm all of the older Legacy collection ( M1 version 1.6.4) works nicely with yabridge. The newer ones probably not.