Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sunrat
Established Member

Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer

Post by sunrat »

I found this while browsing on linux.rocks - https://www.bertomaudio.com/eqca.html
It is basically an analyser for EQ plugins which can show curves and phase, quite a handy utility.
It seems to work as described on the box but just wondering if anyone else has tried it and how accurate it is.
elcalen
Established Member

Re: Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer

Post by elcalen »

I've been playing around with it a bunch recently, it's definitely neat and you can learn a lot about what your EQ plugins are actually doing with it! Especially useful for those more analogue style EQ's that don't have fancy spectrum analysers built in... I can't really say one way or another about accuracy, but I see no reason to doubt it.

That said, what *really* matters of course is how an EQ *sounds*, and no curve will ever really tell you that. ;)
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
sunrat
Established Member

Re: Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer

Post by sunrat »

elcalen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:55 pmThat said, what *really* matters of course is how an EQ *sounds*, and no curve will ever really tell you that. ;)
I'm mainly interested to see how accurately an EQ can apply room correction after deriving curves from measurement using REW. Correction can be applied by using pink noise and RTA with a PEQ to approximate the desired room response but my main interest in this is for comparing different PEQs. For mixing purposes I use ears. :wink:
I ask about accuracy as the analyzer shows some results which are slightly anomalous from the indicated values on certain PEQs, and results are noticeably different for some PEQs compared to others with the same settings although that's not unexpected.