GSI VB3 II

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stephen_doonan
Established Member

GSI VB3 II

Post by stephen_doonan »

I recently wrote to GSI developer Guido Scognamiglio about the possibility for a Linux version of the JUCE-based standalone app of the VB3 II, and his reply seemed encouraging, if not definitive. Pianoteq, which is also a JUCE-based app, is distributed for Mac, Windows, Linux and ARM, so we'll see--
Last edited by stephen_doonan on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sjzstudio
Established Member

Re: GSI (GenuineSoundware.com) VB3 II - Linux

Post by sjzstudio »

Great thing!

We should always contact to the manufacturers. Tell about Linux Users and the need for more support. Personally, I have been in contact with Melda Productions. There is no support for Linux yet. But a few emails from us users probably won’t hurt. The same goes for RME interfaces. The voice of the crowd is sure to be listened to. The commercial software side could be a good addition to a great open source philosophy. Freedom of choice ...
finotti
Established Member

Re: GSI VB3 II

Post by finotti »

It does sound interesting, but we do have already x42's setBfree. I wonder if it would be worth paying for it...
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

finotti wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:45 pm It does sound interesting, but we do have already x42's setBfree. I wonder if it would be worth paying for it...
SetBfree is good. I like it a lot. VB3 is in a different league though.

It's been a while since I've A/B'd them, but the last time around I did that, I thought they actually sounded very different from each other. It might have a lot to do with the Leslie emulation though.
milkii
Established Member

Post by milkii »

Re JUCE plugins, it is generally worth requesting an LV2 version through the use of https://github.com/DISTRHO/JUCE

See also https://github.com/Chowdhury-DSP/DISTRH ... o-fork-lv2 for cmake additions.

A note that the developer can find support for this in #lad on freenode IRC would also not go amiss.

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh