Plugins/samples for Medieval/Dungeon Synth music?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Death
Established Member

Plugins/samples for Medieval/Dungeon Synth music?

Post by Death »

Do any of you guys know of any good plugins, samples or soundfonts that'd be ideal for making Medieval & Dungeon Synth music? I'm after both realistic and synthetic sounds. I'm looking for all kinds of medieval instruments, predominantly European ones.

I actually bought Era 2 Medieval Legends from Best Service a while back (Windows/Mac software) but I could never get it to activate on Linux due to the crappy DRM it has. They told me they're working on a Linux client for their libraries (ENGINE) but I'm tired of waiting for the day I can get it working as it's holding back my new project which I've been meaning to start for years now. So, I want to find something else to use for now. I actually use FL Studio via Wine so I'm open to Windows software if it works via Wine/doesn't have really strict DRM. Linux software is fine too.

Any suggestions?

Thankya.
d.healey
Established Member

Re: Plugins/samples for Medieval/Dungeon Synth music?

Post by d.healey »

I have a couple of "Celtic" libraries for sale that might be useful for you - https://librewave.com/

And some others here if you have Kontakt - https://xtant-audio.com/
David Healey
YouTube - Free HISE scripting and sample library dev tutorials
Libre Wave - Freedom respecting instruments and effects.
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

Thanks. I'll check them out!
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

When you buy Pianoteq you get all kinds of "old" instruments as a free bonus. They're included in the demo as well, as far as I can recall.

Medieval/Dungeon Synth music? You mean like In Slaughter Natives, Arcana, the stuff Varg Vikernes of Burzum did while in jail? :lol:
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking into pianoteq :)

Dungeon Synth is basically the medieval style synthetic bits of music you sometimes hear on black metal albums but more so the stuff from 20+ years ago. That's a bit of a simple explanation but it gives you a good idea.

By the way, can you guys recommend some good Linux, open source SFZ & Soundfont players which I can run as a plugin? I want to sort through a load of libraries I've downloaded but I don't know the best tools to play them with as I normally make music with FL Studio via Wine. I'm having a go at using Linux software for my new project :)