Pulse Effects - a limiter for bass?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Death
Established Member

Re: Pulse Effects - a limiter for bass?

Post by Death »

The problem with using an EQ is that it's not doing dynamic adjustment, it's static. This is fine when the audio content is consistent, but in your use case it's not. A dynamic EQ or Multiband compressor/Limiter is the best option. Still, a static EQ is better than nothing ;)
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

Death wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:12 pm The problem with using an EQ is that it's not doing dynamic adjustment, it's static. This is fine when the audio content is consistent, but in your use case it's not. A dynamic EQ or Multiband compressor/Limiter is the best option. Still, a static EQ is better than nothing ;)
That would be true for OPs case just listening to music via PulseAudio. I don't know of any dynamic EQ that works with PA. Something like Zam Dynamic EQ or TDR Nova would be great but not loadable as a PA module afaik.
For audio production, only a static, preferably parametric, EQ is the way to go for room correction. Dynamic EQ or Multiband compressor would be a nightmare for room correction in that scenario, it needs to be static. I currently use EQ6Q with Carla or jalv for that but plan to use LSP Parametric in future since I just realised it can load correction files from REW (EQ6Q is prettier, especially the analyzer, although I suspect the LSP code is better).
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

sunrat wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:16 am That would be true for OPs case just listening to music via PulseAudio. I don't know of any dynamic EQ that works with PA. Something like Zam Dynamic EQ or TDR Nova would be great but not loadable as a PA module afaik.
For audio production, only a static, preferably parametric, EQ is the way to go for room correction. Dynamic EQ or Multiband compressor would be a nightmare for room correction in that scenario, it needs to be static. I currently use EQ6Q with Carla or jalv for that but plan to use LSP Parametric in future since I just realised it can load correction files from REW (EQ6Q is prettier, especially the analyzer, although I suspect the LSP code is better).
I thought I was replying to the OP haha.. But yeh, for room correction you definitely want a static EQ.
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

Death wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:47 amI thought I was replying to the OP haha.. But yeh, for room correction you definitely want a static EQ.
Post jumped to page 2 here so I wasn't sure to whom you were replying. :lol:
Wonder where OP has got to, not seen for 4 days. Hope we didn't overwhelm them with techobabble. :mrgreen:
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

sunrat wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:10 am Post jumped to page 2 here so I wasn't sure to whom you were replying. :lol:
Wonder where OP has got to, not seen for 4 days. Hope we didn't overwhelm them with techobabble. :mrgreen:
Yeh I was trying not to haha. I should pay more attention to whom I'm replying to though. Anyway, I think there's enough info within this thread to point them in the right direction so hopefully they'll get there :)