shimmer reverb

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

autostatic
Established Member

Re: shimmer reverb

Post by autostatic »

Rodney wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:14 pm@elcalen yes Shiroverb is mono only, for stereo use Gx_Shimmizita.
Doesn't Shiroverb have mono input and stereo outputs? And fwiw, I never used shimmer reverb when I played in a postrock band, heck, it didn't even exist back then :wink:
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Good question :D , I think that´s easy to find out in Ardour, I personally use it with my electric guitar, so I don´t really bother at all whether it is stereo or not.
elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

autostatic wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:20 pm
Rodney wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:14 pm@elcalen yes Shiroverb is mono only, for stereo use Gx_Shimmizita.
Doesn't Shiroverb have mono input and stereo outputs?
It's the inputs I care about, because I want to feed stereo synths/samples *into* it.

I briefly looked at Gx_Shimmizita, and unless I'm missing something, the pitch shift knob only goes up to six semitones? My understanding of the classic shimmer reverb effect is that it's typically pitch shifted a full octave, so I'm a little confused about what Gx_Shimmizita is supposed to do.

In any case, I can easily use separate pitch shift and reverb plugins to create a cool effect, so it's not really a big deal.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Shimmizita is a really cool tool, I myself am still getting familiar with it. But the amount of different sounds you can achieve using it is staggering! :D, great job as always done by @tramp , you and guitarix team rock dude! :twisted: