aarch64/arm compatible plugins

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hm11
Established Member

aarch64/arm compatible plugins

Post by hm11 »

Hey folks, So After drafting my third track using the Pinebook Pro I cant help but to think of it as a notepad/sketchbook to my production, and in doing so I thought that it would be nice to know what vst plugins (linux vst) work with the aarch64 architecture. I would like to adopt the use of those arm compatible plugins since i see how much of a breakthrough arm cpus are making. Therefore, I would love to have more synchronicity or synergy among the Pinebook pro and my workstation plugin wise. So any ideas of what these plugins may be?
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
- www.soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
milkii
Established Member

Re: aarch64/arm compatible plugins

Post by milkii »

IMHO, either directly compiling packages from the AUR (just batter through the "your arch isn't listed, you sure you want to try and build?", more than 95% of the time it works) when using Manjaro/Arch based distro, and/or check out https://github.com/DISTRHO/PawPaw which is a very new effort from falkTX to combat the current lack of cross-platform/architecture plugin builds. Don't just stick with VST, do LV2 also.

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

thank you for your reply, I do have Manjaro setup on my Pinebook but on my desktop I roll with SUSE. But ill check out the github link and as far as the vsts go, the reason why i actually sticked to vsts (.dlls) is so i can use them weather im on mac, linux*, or windows and so i wont have to install them, just drag and drop..
* Currently Im using the Linvst solution and it works wonderfully, on my desktop that is as wine isnt even available at the moment on the pinebook/arm side
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
Baggypants
Established Member

Post by Baggypants »

There's a short list on the Zynthian raspberry pi synth project which should give you a place to start from. Zynth only supports lv2 though as it's the only one you can pretty much expect to be multi-arch & cross-platform.

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zyn ... th_Engines
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

LSP Plugins are compatible with AArch64.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

Baggypants wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 pm There's a short list on the Zynthian raspberry pi synth project which should give you a place to start from. Zynth only supports lv2 though as it's the only one you can pretty much expect to be multi-arch & cross-platform.

https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zyn ... th_Engines
Thats cool, ill look into how supportted lv2 is across platforms and daws, but right off the bat i have alot of vst dll plugins which i doubt they have lv2 versions as alot of em are kinda 'obscure' as in not popular..
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

sadko4u wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:11 pm LSP Plugins are compatible with AArch64.
Indeed, but i have to see how much of these format plugins i can adopt for interchangeability across my projects.