Tracktion / Waveform 11 and plug-in sandboxing

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

Tracktion / Waveform 11 and plug-in sandboxing

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

I've been doing some testing of Tracktion / Waveform 11 on Linux and had some unexplained issues with plug-in sandboxing enabled. This appears to affect any plugins I try (not just mine) - so far this includes the linux Uhe ports, and even 'gui-less' plugins such as the mda or even steinberg examples.

Typically, I create a new session / edit. Add a new plugin to the master buss (or a track) and after a short pause a plugin symbol appears with a warning triangle indicating 'The plugin could not be found' - though in reality the plugin sandbox has crashed (as indicated by a red plug symbol in the Waveform gui), and various plug-in error log debug I've tried indicates the plugin was not even loaded.

Restarting the sandbox just causes it to crash again. I've reached out to Tracktion / Waveform support / devs, who have been very helpful, but so far unable to offer any possible cause or replicate the issue. Switching off sandboxing 'fixes' the problem and all plugins load fine. So I was wondering if anyone else has tried Waveform11 sandboxing and / or experienced similar issues with any linux plugins? This is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, as far as I can tell its just a standard install, and one I regularly use for testing, however running a clean install on a VM the problem doesn't happen (yet).
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Tracktion / Waveform 11 and plug-in sandboxing

Post by tavasti »

Ubuntu 18.04 and plugins work with sandboxing

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Kott
Established Member

Re: Tracktion / Waveform 11 and plug-in sandboxing

Post by Kott »

Works for me too, openSUSE TW.