Free: Biotek 1 VST from Tracktion

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

x7i7l
Established Member

Free: Biotek 1 VST from Tracktion

Post by x7i7l »

Biotek is a great Workstation synth, but I'm mainly switching to using internal Bitwig so I don't need it any more.
Rather than have it gather virtual dust, I want to give it away to the first person to PM me.

You need to have a Tracktion account and send me the email attached to the account.

If you do take the synth, please consider making a small donation to a food bank charity or something similar. These are hard times!

Stay safe!
Adrienne
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Free: Biotek 1 VST from Tracktion

Post by jonetsu »

I can add that Biotek 1 is a great synth that runs very well natively on Linux. I like its UI. I actually like Biotek 1 more than Biotek 2 even though the latter has sampler features. From my perspective there's no comparison between Bitwig's synths and Biotek as they are two very different synths.

For interested people, this is a 20-minute overview of Biotek 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u37RW6s8m4k
x7i7l
Established Member

Post by x7i7l »

Hi all, the plugin is gone now.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

They don't like me.
After the license transfer I tried five times to download the Synth.
Meanwhile it has eaten up more than 1GB of my prepaid USB modem high speed volume.
I'm using this for years and I never had failed downloads like on this Tracktion Biotek download.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

After all I got in contact to the support team. They tried to help me on the issue by providing contents files via Dropbox.
Unfortunately they uploaded Windows and Mac contents packages only. The support team mentioned my problems on downloading might resulted by a timeout. Since it has downloaded constantly until it failed I can't see any reason for a timeout.

However, another user on this here forum pointed me to use WGET to download. Thanks to that I could download the contents file. Compared to the download via browser it was much faster with greater bandwidth. In browser it shows in between of 250 KB/s and 380 KB/s while WGET was showing in between 600 KB/s and 930 KB/s. Registered it again after installing the contents and I'm up to test and use it.

Thank you very, very much for that license transfer! :D
If you do take the synth, please consider making a small donation to a food bank charity or something similar. These are hard times!
I don't trust most of the international charities, so I'm going to make a donation to some at the local level. As soon as done, I'm posting a photograph of the payment/billing.

Again, thanks. It seems to be a great synthesizer with lots of sounds I like immediately.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Meanwhile I made some testings using Biotek plugin. It's a great synthesizer, but I must say: Tracktion SUCKS!
There's no difference between the use of e.g. free version of WaveForm 11 and Biotek via real purchased license.

Each time after doing the smallest change on my Operating System Biotek forces me to register over and over again.
Doing small changes on the operating system is NOT equal to having a new computer or even some new hardware. :roll:

Still it's great that you handed over the license to me. But I never would buy another product from Tracktion until they changed their security mode for the software being cracked or used without a real license.

This kind of Software licensing is NOT user friendly!