Vital, Matt Tytels' new synth, free and paid versions

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Vital, Matt Tytels' new synth, free and paid versions

Post by glowrak guy »

A free version of Matt Tytels excellent Vital synth is on the way, Nov 24th.
Here is a screenshot of the standalone version, beyond the great sound, and ease of use,
there is even gui resizng, Tested in Ubuntu Studio 20.04

Vital-standalone.png
Vital-standalone.png (152.15 KiB) Viewed 1872 times

There is multi-tiered pricing beyond the free version, and a bargain is available for a few days in the notes from from this video video:

https://youtu.be/UmSQZRmYOa8
LAM
Established Member

Re: Vital, Matt Tytels' new synth, free and paid versions

Post by LAM »

Will be available as standalone and lv2 also, cool.

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

The free versions of Vital are now in the wilds, a Vital Forum is in place,
and latest version is now at 1.03

https://vital.audio/#getvital
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

Wow, there's even a deb package, perfect. Downloaded and will be trying it out tomorrow hopefully.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

This synthesizer has some interesting sounds.
Though, in the end it sucks! 👎

Each time after closing e.g. Qtractor I need to be online and repeatedly to sign in when choosing to use Vital.
No matter if stand alone or plugin is used.

Why in the hell should I be online when using a synthesizer / composing a song?
Is he trying to steal my ideas / compositions?

So, this synthesizer is nothing to use for me at all! 👎 👎 👎
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
By the way: all those proprietary companies building synthesizers seems to be crap at all. After I got a license transfer of Biotek 1 I can't use it, as downloading the synthesizer's contents (presets, sounds etc.) failed all the time. After registration of the synthesizer no matter if trying to download from web-site / my account or from within the GUI's option. All downloads failed!

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP !!!
Baggypants
Established Member

Post by Baggypants »

Apparently you can just click on the window and use it without logging in.

https://forum.vital.audio/t/log-in-every-time/1013/5
uns4ph3
Established Member

Post by uns4ph3 »

The login is for the text-to-wavetable function because that uses an online server to generate the wave table.
Search for Fusterclucker on your favorite streaming platforms to hear my awful music, and go visit my blog for my inane rants.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

TAERSH wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm By the way: all those proprietary companies building synthesizers seems to be crap at all. After I got a license transfer of Biotek 1 I can't use it, as downloading the synthesizer's contents (presets, sounds etc.) failed all the time. After registration of the synthesizer no matter if trying to download from web-site / my account or from within the GUI's option. All downloads failed!

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP !!!
check your internet, Biotek stuff hosted at regular cloud and can be downloaded with any download utility as wget or any else even without password.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Kott wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:16 pmcheck your internet, Biotek stuff hosted at regular cloud and can be downloaded with any download utility as wget or any else even without password.
My internet is fine. Never had any downloads failed. Even not on files at GB sizes.
Thanks for pointing me to use WGET. That did the trick.

viewtopic.php?p=126045#p126045
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

@Baggypants and @uns4ph3

Thanks for the info. Though, I'm (edit: NOT) interested any longer in that synthesizer, as I mentioned in detail on the other topic about Vital.
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=126043#p126043
Last edited by TAERSH on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
uns4ph3
Established Member

Post by uns4ph3 »

That’s cool that you feel that way. I feel the opposite after watching two different people spend 3 hours doing sound design with it.

It also made its way into the AUR repos so I believe it’s libre and gratis
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vital-synth/
Search for Fusterclucker on your favorite streaming platforms to hear my awful music, and go visit my blog for my inane rants.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

TAERSH wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm By the way: all those proprietary companies building synthesizers seems to be crap at all. After I got a license transfer of Biotek 1 I can't use it, as downloading the synthesizer's contents (presets, sounds etc.) failed all the time. After registration of the synthesizer no matter if trying to download from web-site / my account or from within the GUI's option. All downloads failed! CRAP, CRAP, CRAP !!!
I didn't have any problems with Biotek 1 and downloads. Although I noticed that Tracktion's web site can be a bit strange at times, in those times. That was a couple of years ago. Then I got Biotek 2 and was deceived by it, so when I go that way, I use Biotek 1 instead. I like the UI of Biotek 1, they messed it up with the second version.

I don't get the thing about 'proprietary companies building synthesizers' though. Never had a problem with Melda, Rob Papen, IK, well, with all of the ones whose plugins I use.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

@uns4ph3
Sorry, but there was one word missing.

I meant: I'm not interested any longer in that synthesizer. There was only a few sounds that I liked. I sampled those sounds and made .sf2 files from it. I'm less interested in doing sound design. I'm a drummer/composer/musician and I like to use sounds for composing instead.

@jonetsu

I had multiple times problems with free programs -not only synthesizers- from commercial builders/companies. Besides the problems on Vital (which was really a bad idea by the developer to bring up that annoying login GUI each time running it) and BioTek 1, I had e.g. constant problems with Tracktion 7. Each time, when I'd changed something by developing and refining my OS -which I do a lot- I needed to register it over and over again. I would liked to give it a go for some time. Though registering it again and again made me hating it. So, I uninstalled Tracktion 7.

Perhaps it's caused by my unique OS?

Though, I don't want to change the operating system. Whatever comes around, I'm happy with those lots of LV2 plugins and standalone synthesizers like Hexter, PhaseX, Yoshimi and ZynAddSubFx etc. Also the U-HE VST stuff is great. Never had any problems with that - the big exception. And Qtractor to me is the best Audio-MIDI-Sequencer program available in GNU/Linux. It's also simple and easy to use my external synthesizers SY22, TG55 and D110. Ardour sucks on MIDI as well as on cutting of audio parts and MusE is much too complicated - each recording/playback track needs its own instrument track. :roll:

I never heard of: Melda, Rob Papen, IK.

Edit:

Ok, I see why I never heard of them. It's Windows and Mac only stuff. I have a computer with still Windows XP running. Might be too old for that stuff. It has Cubase LE 4 extended by USB key installed to be able to record 16 track simultaneously, though I haven't used it for a long time. Usually I boot my GNU/Linux OS from external USB hard disk drive on that machine. I'm also not running Wine on my OS. Tried once out of curiosity if windows plugins would work. Though I hadn't any success and it was too much time consuming to get it probably running and working.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

uns4ph3 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:11 pm It also made its way into the AUR repos so I believe it’s libre and gratis
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vital-synth/
The AUR package is just a wrapper for the VitalInstaller from the 'free' version.
That have nothing to do with libre software -> https://www.gnu.org/gwm/libredocxml/x15.html
True is, it is gratis. But by definition it is shareware -> https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/shareware
The full version with all features you'll only get as Pro or Subscriber.
On the road again.
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

slightly off topic but it may help you find some peace of mind and your posts (and mine) might become shorter and your time spent on music might benefit (and so will we since I like a good part of your music :D)
TAERSH wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:45 am Each time, when I'd changed something by developing and refining my OS -which I do a lot- I needed to register it over and over again. I would liked to give it a go for some time. Though registering it again and again made me hating it. So, I uninstalled Tracktion 7.

Perhaps it's caused by my unique OS?
I think that it may be related to flimsy methods used by many software makers snake oil based or not security attempts about where they think their software should run to inadvertently try to use some watermarks based on machine-id, since your OS seems to use some phoenixical approach to lifecoming you may want to check if something would help in

Code: Select all

man machine-id